
Elliot and I went to Girl’s Camp this year for a couple of days. The first night was Bishop’s night, so we played a couple of games with the girls and then made them search for baby bottle nipples in a pie tin of whipped cream. They loved that, even though it only lasted 2 minutes. I got to sleep in the cabin with the girls while Elliot, who was as excited as a child on Christmas morning, got to sleep under the stars on an air mattress in the back of his truck.
Sunday was so relaxing. Grandma Dibble was taking care of Stella, so I had no worries at all. It was nice to be able to sit next to Elliot during all of church and be out in nature, enjoying the cool air. We got to cuddle a little bit and take a nap in the back of the truck, which was so fun, and we both got a chance to read our books . . .


BOOK? you say? . . . yes, I’m reading a book and I absolutely love it! It’s called “These Is My Words,” which Elliot can’t stop saying. I originally thought that it was a non-fiction book about an Arizona pioneer woman, but it’s fiction. It was more exciting when I thought it was all real. It’s written like it’s her journal, which is actually quite interesting and there are several quotes that I need to write down that are so funny.
The view from our love shackElliot and I got to sleep in our own cabin on Sunday night. Monday morning we finally got around to going on the 5 mile hike that was supposed to only take 2 hours. Um, who made the schedule?

Elliot and I went with the 2nd year girls and I believe we were the only group that actually did the whole hike! Half of our group broke off at the main camp to go back to our camp, which I am grateful for because it would have taken another 2 hours to get through it with them. I ended up being the slowest one after the other half broke off, and I fell on my knee on some rocks and bruised myself. I think I fell 2 more times after that, but nothing was more entertaining that watching Elliot fall nearly on his face on flat ground not even 2 minutes after we started! He probably doesn’t think it’s funny yet, but I’m sure he’ll come around.
Elliot's self-portrait
But the absolute gem of the day happened right before we left to go home. They have a zip line hooked up from tree to tree, no not like the one that was at Aunt Nita’s house . . . this one is huge and long and scary. I was fairly excited to go on it until I actually saw how close you get to hitting the other trees. Elliot went first and did just fine, then I went and had a good time. However, Elliot didn’t get a picture of me doing it, so I had to do it again. I went back up and sat on the swing and my mind wandered back to one of the young women saying that I shouldn’t wear sweats when I did the zip line. I wasn’t wearing sweats, but I was wearing my exercise pants with elastic waist. Why don’t I listen?
Elliot almost past the killer tree
Off I went on the swing, past the tree and to the end where rubber tires attached to the rope stop the zip line with a violent jerk . . . and down came my pants! Oh, ok . . . so you think that’s funny? Well get this, it was right in front of my old bishop who is now in the Stake Presidency! I tried to pull my pants back up and got off the swing and turned around to the rest of the small crowd of other stake members and said, “I think I just mooned President Brown.” Elliot’s reply was, “I think you just mooned all of us!”

No more wise cracks . . .! AAAAHHHH!
It’s good to be home with my little Stella again!
5 comments:
I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! Just when I think I'm done...I start laughing again. Elliot falling to the ground for no reason. Whitney mooning the Lords Elect. I'm laughing tears over here! This will be a great story to tell for years to come!
You have the best blog. This post was really, really funny.
I'm STILL laughing!
I would have given anything to be there...not camping mind you, just to see your ars!!! The best was hearing Elliot try to tell us the story in between tears and bursts of laughter.
Now you've got ME laughing and I don't even know you..I mean, I have WANTED to moon some of my leaders but I would never actually have the nerve to do it. You are my new hero. (By the way, its 1:30 a.m. here and I am laughing so loud. I swear, if I wake up the kids, I expect you to come over here and take care of them.) You crack me up!
Post a Comment