Sunday, February 24, 2008

WANTED: A Sunbeam Teacher . . .











. . . because after today, I'm sure they want to quit. Let me start at the beginning because it didn't quite start out very well. For weeks we known and practiced for Stella's prayer debut in Primary. I really thought she'd go through with it, but when the time came, she just said, "I'm too sleepy!" and refused. So I prayed and I'm kind of bitter that I didn't get a sticker for it.

Fast-forward an hour or so, I was summoned from my Nursery class with a crying Stella. We talked in the hallway for a short while and I found out that Stella was having a hard time in her Sunbeam class and . . . she burped in her poor teacher's face! STELLA ROSE DIBBLE! TROUBLE!

We drew a flower for poor Sister Harris and went back to Stella's Sunbeam class for the rest of the lesson. Stella sat reverently, picked her nose, and then was able to apologize to Sister Harris and give her the flower picture minus a small corner of the paper which was now containing the booger. I'm sure Sister Harris will forgive Stella for burping in her face, but who gets in trouble for forgetting to brush Stella's teeth this morning?

6 comments:

The Robinsons said...

I will gladly do it! I would love to teach that beautiful girl any day! (Although she would just get mad at me for complimenting her all day!)

THE BANGARTS said...

Daddy does! Mommies do nothing wrong!

THE BANGARTS said...

What a lovely, dainty child you have...

Myra said...

struggling with abe and sunbeams too, if it makes you feel happy that you're not the only one. last week, he collapsed in the doorway as we entered the primary room, and refused to move, so i had to drag him back into the hallway (embarrassing!). today he went only because i gave him the option of sitting in a dark room for the hour or go to primary. smart boy chose primary. keep your chin up, it'll get better (hopefully).

Shellee said...

Is that what she said? I couldn't hear her because I was behind the piano. You did a great job, You deserve a sticker! She'll get the hang of it, eventually...
Lorielle is such a forgiving person, I am sure that she loved the flower, even with the booger in it! Hopefully she'll get over this fear before Young Womens.

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! You will look back on this and laugh soon, as I'm sure you already are!