Monday, June 11, 2012

The Beach Trip - Cold Beach Day

Day 3 of our trip the kids woke up happy and ready to go to the beach! It was cold and overcast again, but that didn't stop anyone. Uncle Adam had a terrible sunburn from his Day 1 at the beach (overcast and forgot that sunscreen is still necessary), but we all still had a great time and bundled up when we weren't walking or playing in the water.

Stella had a great time entertaining herself and/or playing with Anabelle and Lindsay (Anabelle's friend) until her new friend Ella showed up with her family (friends of the Gregory family).


Malcolm played in the sand for the first time and wasn't quite sure what to do. He tasted it a few times and is not a fan.

George and Claire buried him and he was fine with that until he crapped his pants. I'm so happy that his cousins like playing with him.

Elliot tried to rinse most of the sand off of him before I changed him, but I always forget how sand doesn't ever come off. Ever. And he didn't like the cold ocean.

Mid-sneeze.

Sharing snacks. Lucy liked our fruit snacks better than anyone elses. :)

Finally into the water! I love it that Stella is not afraid of the waves (like me). It just makes her giggle.

Finally her friend Ella showed up and they were all able to play for the rest of the day.

Malcolm took a great nap on me, we got to eat a bunch of snacks all day, sit by my Sweetie and just talk, and I got to watch my kids play and laugh. I love lazy beach days.

No comments: