
I went to sleep last night confident that I would be the first to wish Elliot a Happy Birthday this morning. That was until the phone started ringing at 4:00 a.m.! We were grateful to learn that no one had died, which is what we always think when the phone rings at this ungodly hour. It was Santa Yoli Sierra from the Dominican Republic calling to wish Elliot a Happy Birthday. Elliot was fortunate enough to be able to share the gospel with and baptize Santa when he served his mission there nearly 10 years ago for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. In my deliriously sleepy state, I was happy to hear Elliot speaking Spanish again and laughing with his friend. After the phone call ended, and after our blood pressures went back down, we were able to talk a bit about Santa. I guess some missionaries wonder if their short time serving in the mission field will really help in truly converting someone to the gospel. Thank you Santa for remembering Elliot and reminding him that his labors are not in vain! . . . oh, and Feliz Cumpleaños, mi amor!
No comments:
Post a Comment