Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas

Our Christmas morning started at 8 o’clock when our guests started arriving. Stella wasn’t very happy at first, but then she got her Cinderella dress on and proceeded to entertain everyone until Elliot and I finished making breakfast.

Nyla and Stella sat at the counter

Emmalyne and her parents (Esther and Mark) came, as well as Merlin Sampson and Ray Kelley.

Cheyenne and Leslie sat in the living room with Elliot

The best quote for the day was when Nyla surveyed the pile of presents under our tree and in response to NOT seeing her name on any of them said, “I was just sure you’d have a present for me!” Maybe next year we’ll learn.

Elliot and I got ready for the day and then opened our presents. Stella had already opened a few in the past 2 weeks, but none of them belonged to her. She did a great job opening her presents this time, but obviously got tired of it. We had to force her to open a few and even left a few to open later.

Grandma Anderson sent Stella a Cinderella doll and when she opened it she said, “Baby Cinderella!” She was very excited.

I think this picture is so funny because it’s supposed to be of me and my new laminator, but look at Stella in the back. Monkey, I tell you, monkey!


I got Elliot this poster painted by Ed Mell who is an Arizona landscape artist. We went to one of his art exhibits in Scottsdale a few years ago and have wanted a painting for a long time. It is, however, much larger than I expected.

We opened more presents at Grandma & Grandpa Dibble’s before Adam and Xan came over with the kids and brought more gifts for us to open (WAY TOO MANY GIFTS THIS YEAR)! Stella and Anabelle got the coolest matching tiara’s and wand’s that can change colors at the touch of a button.

George saddened by the fact that there were no more presents to open.

Claire so happy to see Grandma



Grandpa put together a fun little jungle gym in the back yard that the kids played on. At Adam’s challenge, the boys and Stella started running and jumping through the holes and had a great time. (if you can see in the back, I also caught a cuddle between Adam and Xan)





We also got a new addition to our family (official adoption necessary). Stella has adopted a baby Cabbage Patch Kid named Alia Rowan from Grandma Dibble. Merry Christmas!

No comments: