Sunday, April 15, 2007

MOVIE REVIEW – Glory Road

Not impressed at all! I guess I was expecting another “Remember the Titans,” which it totally WASN’T! It’s about this girl’s basketball coach who gets hired by a college that has a crappy basketball team that never wins. So he goes out and recruits several black players and keeps some of his white players. He tries to teach them the play “his game,” and you’d think that they’d listen and learn respect and somehow this would turn into a good story. But eventually the coach just lets them play their own game their own way because they are losing during ONE game (they were undefeated). It’s based on a true story from the 60’s, so I can understand the horrible situations that these players must have had to endure with the prejudice against them. The coach gives this big speech about not letting anyone TAKE anything from you that you don’t give them, and then turns around 20 minutes later and talks about TAKING something from someone because they’re not going to give it. Instead of learning about teamwork, they all just turned it into a game of “we’re better than you, so let’s show them” sort of thing. I didn’t like it at all.

2 comments:

THE BANGARTS said...

I liked it. We've decided you analyze movies too much. It's just a movie, Whit. "It is for fun"

Whitney said...

I also didn't feel like there was any character development. I didn't feel connected to anyone. Yep, still didn't like it.