OK, so I totally LOVED The Goose Girl (Shannon Hale) and would recommend it (that's for you JuJu). It was a fairly easy read (Middle School book) and I couldn't put it down! I actually read it pretty fast, so I was kind of proud of myself. I loved the story. The book club ladies said that it was pretty predictable (though exciting), but I was totally surprised by everything that happened, so you be the judge! I come away from reading this with the same sort of feelings I had when I watched Ever After for the first time (which is why I can watch it over and over again . . . in the same day). I was so happy that she didn't have to be rescued, but that she figured it out for herself and became a strong woman! Love it! Read it! Next book is Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Book Club Update
OK, so I totally LOVED The Goose Girl (Shannon Hale) and would recommend it (that's for you JuJu). It was a fairly easy read (Middle School book) and I couldn't put it down! I actually read it pretty fast, so I was kind of proud of myself. I loved the story. The book club ladies said that it was pretty predictable (though exciting), but I was totally surprised by everything that happened, so you be the judge! I come away from reading this with the same sort of feelings I had when I watched Ever After for the first time (which is why I can watch it over and over again . . . in the same day). I was so happy that she didn't have to be rescued, but that she figured it out for herself and became a strong woman! Love it! Read it! Next book is Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You need to read Hale's, Book of a Thousand Days, it is sooooo good and a very quick read.
That is great that you are in the book club. When I joined it, I was the same way about reading (I avoided it altogether) now I love reading books. So watch out, they will turn you into a book geek and you will also know every single thing you ever wanted to know about breastfeeding.
if you love the goose girl, try reading levine's ella enchanted. one of my all-time favorites, and a good quick read too.
it's fun having you in book club, whit, and we hope to see more of you in the upcoming months!
Yay for Goose Girl! One of Shannon's more recent books is Austenland and I loved that one too. Totally different, modern, but so fun! I was going to list some others to read, but I have also been turned into a book geek as mentioned above, so the list would be too long....
Books?
Post a Comment