Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Kiss and Make Up

I was watching my friend's kids today which was so nice because Stella and Justin play so well together and although Justin's volume switch is missing, he is one of the most polite kids I've ever met!

Stella and Justin were in a fight over a toy and Stella ended up sitting in a time-out for hitting Justin. After her time-out, we do the same thing we ALWAYS do after a time out. We talk about WHY she's in a time-out. Well, in the 2 1/2 years that we've actually been doing time-outs, she's only answered me correctly about 5 times. Most of the time she's dancing or trying to get the whole experience over with by trying to hug me. Today was no different. Here is our conversation:

Mommy: "Do you know why you are in a time-out Stella?"
Stella: "Yah."
Mommy: "Why?"
Stella: "I don't know."
Mommy: "Did you hit Justin?"
Stella: "Yes."
Mommy: "Are we supposed to hit? (she's dancing around at this point) Look at Mommy. Are we supposed to hit?"
Stella: "No."
Mommy: "What can we do instead of hit?"

Now, the right answer would be "come and get Mommy," but Stella's answer was this:

Stella: "Kiss."

3 comments:

THE BANGARTS said...

That's my girl!

Shellee said...

I would keep an eye on her...

The Earls said...

Ooohhh, you better keep an eye on her. She's not even a teenager yet! How cute. She was Dono's first kiss -from someone other than family.