Monday, March 31, 2008

In The Mood

Elliot took me on a date on Saturday night to the 1940's musical "In The Mood." It was such a funny night because we were maybe 2 of 7 people under the age of 60 in the audience. I'm so excited to get old because I'll have an excuse to be tactless. The woman in front of us was being so rude to the large lady she was sitting by and even said, "You've got to scoot over because you're making me too hot!" She didn't sit there after the intermission. The older folks were also the ones directing the traffic out in the parking lot . . . um, chaos!

It was a really fun night (even though I think Elliot fell asleep during parts of it) and I think I've found Lindsay's new job after she's done raising her kids. She would LOVE singing and dancing to those songs! One of my favorite parts of the night, which also brought back some emotions I felt in Washington D.C. during the World War II Memorial dedication weekend, was the tribute to the veterans during their individual songs (Army, Navy, Coast Guard, etc.). I love it when they all stand and sing the words to their songs! It made me miss Grandpa Gregory!

4 comments:

Shellee said...

I love going on date nights to musicals. I love those old war songs.
I am a people watcher so I love to watch old people too! They are hilarious, they are the only ones who can get away with saying things only to blame them on how old they are. "You've lost so much weight you look anorexic, too bad you didn't loose it where you really needed to" was a comment from my grandmother when I was in high school. She then turned around and said "look at the fat lady over there". Is it anywonder I have weight issues?

THE BANGARTS said...

Should I apply for the job now? I think I would love to see that!

CJ said...

I love being the youngest kid in the room! Lee and I saw "The Bucket List" for our 20th anniversary at 11:00am. It was a Tuesday and everyone else was at least 2 decades older than us. I think some get just a little too crotchety for my sensibilities!

Julie and Todd said...

The title of your posting had me curious, but I admit thinking "in the mood" was going to be about something other than a play. I'm glad it wasn't!