Friday, September 18, 2009

Oh, Stella

I was singing to Stella the other night at bedtime and she had something extremely important to tell me (it's always extremely important, right?), so she said, "Wait, wait, wait, you need to pause." It wasn't really that important. Especially when she has to make up something to say after I've been paused.

*****************************

Apparently I'm a monster. A hairy monster. Several months ago I was growing out my eyebrows so that I could go get them waxed. At church before I sent Stella off to her primary class, she said, "Oh, wait," grabbed my face in her hands and then she smoothed out my wayward brow.

*****************************

Still hairy. I also have a few pesky upper lip hairs that are included on waxing day. Hormones, genetics, whatever. It's not my fault. Apparently it's time again because the other day Stella pointed out that I had a mustache. Offensive, right? Well it was also accompanied by a sweet little family picture that she drew. I was sporting the mustache. She's grounded.

******************************

Stella's been sorting, matching, and organizing in Kindergarten. I've been doing a little of that myself. I retrieved all of my maternity clothes and nursing stuff out of the attic to get rid of. I haven't quite had a chance to dispose of everything. Stella found and placed a breast pad on each pink star on our bedspread. She's a good little student.

*****************************

She might hate this one to be published later in her life, but I'm in charge now and she said I had a mustache, so here we go. A while ago, Stella and I were playing airplane on the floor. She had been balancing on my feet for quite some time. The next time she mounted my feet, she let out the greasiest, most disgusting fart (I can't call it a "fluff" Mom, it was definitely fart sounding). I told Stella that she should probably go into the bathroom to check it out. Elliot and I waited in the living room for her update when we heard her yell from the bathroom, "HEY, I DIDN'T FART! I POOPED MY PANTS!"

Elliot and I had to wait for a minute to help her so we could stop laughing. Elliot went to help her and found her standing on the bathroom counter, buns facing the mirror, undies around her ankles, and bent over looking through her legs "checking it out". We had to wait another minute to help.

*******************************

Elliot likes to sing "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" to Stella when he's home to put her to bed. It's one of her favorites. Tonight Stella sang it all the way home from our family activity perfectly on key. However, she likes to make up her own words when she sings it herself. Most of it was just jibberish, but she did sing about springing dolphins, praising the mountains and trees, sang "Christ" in five syllables, and ended with "spaceballs." We also caught several references to HeMan and Grayskull.

11 comments:

Shellee said...

Bwaaaahhhhahahaaa! Stella is the funniest child int he world. You should be grateful that she supplies you with such great humor. Aaron and I couldn't quit laughing over the fart story. Thank you for making my stomach hurt with laughter!

Corinne said...

I'm about to fall off my chair laughing! Seriously as if the events themselves aren't funny enough the way you tell them is HILARIOUS!!! Love it!

Jim and Brooke said...

Whitney! I love your stories!
I chuckle every time I read your blog!

Anne Bennion said...

I would love to spend a day at your house just to witness all of the hilarious things that Stella does.

lisa said...

I am laughing out loud right now!! Almost crying, so funny!! One of my favorites is when my Anna said, "Mom, your hair looks good in the mirror, but not in real life." Thanks honey! :)

Kimmie said...

Ah, only Stella! She is always the funiiest! (:

The Robinsons said...

Oh, Stella! I love her!

Malori and Jon Saline said...

She is hilarious!!!

Jen Holden said...

Oh my, is that girl funny!! You had me laughing so hard. Whit, you should publish your blog into books and use it as a family journal. I love you guys and wish we all lived closer. :)

Steve and Steph said...

these things just made my whole day! I am laughing so hard. Thanks for sharing.

Julie and Todd said...

I cannot stop laughing!!!! That was the greatest post ever.

BTW, is it a McAllister thing that they want to call what is rightfully named "fart" something dainty? My Dad does it too. Apparently they passed on some different genetics to all of their offspring because nothing that I have ever heard escape from any member of our generation has sounded remotely fluffy.