I love Elliot so much. And I tell him often enough to his face that I can also say it publically (read Elder Bednar's talk . . . it made me laugh out loud).
I'll tell the long story, because that's how I roll. A couple of weeks ago, Elliot went to his parents house to "work on a project with Dad." I thought the whole thing was a little shady since he couldn't tell me what the "project" was. Shady because his Dad is an engineer and if there was a project to be done, we would have all see the blueprints for it.
The night before my birthday, Elliot said he needed to retrieve the project from his parents house and would be putting it in the back yard. He made me promise that I would not, under any circumstances, go outside to see it until he got home from work on my birthday. This also included not letting any kids come over who would inevitably ruin the surprise.
I must admit that although I was intrigued, I was also a little irritated that there was nothing on my list of birthday wishes that involved him making me something, nor could I think of ANYTHING that I wanted that involved any trip to Home Depot. I was getting nervous that he spent all this time on a project that I'd have to act like I liked and then never use. OK, maybe I'm high maintenance . . . a little. I could not fathom what it was.
An hour later when he'd retrieved the project, Elliot walked into the house (it's totally dark outside) and said, "Whit, you have to promise not to -- YOU WANNA SEE IT?!" He's such a kid. Maybe I am too, because I wanted to see it.
I'll tell the long story, because that's how I roll. A couple of weeks ago, Elliot went to his parents house to "work on a project with Dad." I thought the whole thing was a little shady since he couldn't tell me what the "project" was. Shady because his Dad is an engineer and if there was a project to be done, we would have all see the blueprints for it.
The night before my birthday, Elliot said he needed to retrieve the project from his parents house and would be putting it in the back yard. He made me promise that I would not, under any circumstances, go outside to see it until he got home from work on my birthday. This also included not letting any kids come over who would inevitably ruin the surprise.
I must admit that although I was intrigued, I was also a little irritated that there was nothing on my list of birthday wishes that involved him making me something, nor could I think of ANYTHING that I wanted that involved any trip to Home Depot. I was getting nervous that he spent all this time on a project that I'd have to act like I liked and then never use. OK, maybe I'm high maintenance . . . a little. I could not fathom what it was.
An hour later when he'd retrieved the project, Elliot walked into the house (it's totally dark outside) and said, "Whit, you have to promise not to -- YOU WANNA SEE IT?!" He's such a kid. Maybe I am too, because I wanted to see it.
BEHOLD . . . the return of the 5th Grade Tetherball Champion!!!
11 comments:
How fun! Though I was never any good at tetherball, I can remember my sibs going at it. Bill challenged me once. Not a fair pairing!!!
SWEEEEEEET!!! I'm totally up for a game whenever you are! I'm so jealous!
Awesome! Please sign me up for the round robin tournament.
Great gift!!!!!! I am pretty sucky at tetherball, but I would like to give it a try!
What a fun gift!! How sweet. I stink at the game but id love to know if you remain queen of the tetherball!
I would like to challenge anyone - I get really into that game! I'm sure you all can just hear my squeals right now....just warn the neighbors!
I was pretty good at that game in 3rd grade, so sign me up!
Oh my that brings back memories but for the life of me I don't really remmeber how to play I think my friends and I would just keep hitting it back and forth. But I am ready for a game or two after you teach me the rules!
you know, I've never played tetherball,don't know how. None of the school's I went to ever had one!!
Not that I'm a comment-er or a blog read-er but...in defense of the 8 month pregnant lady wearing sandals.....I put up a pretty darn good fight, belly and all.
Three words... See you in January sucka.
i love teather ball! I was also a champion back in the day. Next time we're in town, we'll teather it up!
Post a Comment