I can't stand a wasted Digorno's.
Anyway, after the oven cooled, I decided to clean it and test some things before calling a repair person. I lifted the heating element to pull out the aluminum foil I keep under it to avoid having to clean up the many spills that happen in there and a whole section just fell off! This was not my doing. I know how to damage, but I don't know how to melt through metal.
So I ordered a replacement, Elliot and I installed it at 11:00 at night, got totally grossed out with the amount of food that drizzled down the outsides of the oven over the last 6 years of use (my cooking skills), cleaned that up, and baked cookies the next day. Success.
5 comments:
I'm sorry that it was broken, on a pizza of all things. I'm happy that you were able to fix it to make your divine cookies!
For future reference, there is a shop on Broadway just across from QT (about a half mile or so south of your home.) where you can buy those kind of replacement parts. They have pretty great prices too!
What on earth?! I have never seen this happen. Crazy. Glad you got it fixed.
The picture shows some serious signs of tampering. Elliot might want to take a closer look on this one. Based on the events that happened in the bathroom, there seems to be a pattern here. :-)
Oh Nate. If I'm going to damage something, it would be the back wall of my house so we would do the addition or my kitchen table which served it's purpose long ago. My oven heating element made no offense. A no-fault verdict has been issued (my cooking skills were not entered as evidence).
Ok, I believe you. Also, for the record, I must note that you do make great cookies!!
Post a Comment