Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stella's Room

Remember how I told Stella I'd paint her room for her birthday back in July? Well, it's September and the only reason it got done is because Aunt Lindsay came to visit and for some reason I have sisters who get stuff done (or supervise stuff getting done).

So we didn't get started until 7:30 one night, but we finished painting before midnight.

We decided against pink walls last minute and changed to purple which is what Stella wanted originally until recently when she's been asking for a rainbow wall, a beach wall, and a cloud wall. Purple it is.

We made (Lindsay made) the valance that we were going to hang over Stella's window, but Lindsay was working while she was unconscious, so I made her go to bed.

I enlisted the help of my good friend Mari (Lindsay approved) to help me finish hanging the valance because Lindsay had to go home to Indiana before we finished. I LOVE the way it turned out! Now I'm enlisting the help of another Lindsay approved seamstress to help with the curtains and pillows!

Stella was a good helper and helped herself and Max to be right in the way of our business the entire time we were lifting the 900 pound valance. Good one.

2 comments:

THE BANGARTS said...

Uhhhhhh......TROUBLE!!! Could you not have found an uglier picture of me? Good grief. If that's the thanks I get then I'm never gonna help you again (said in a 3 year old Alecia voice)!

But come on now, show me a little love, would ya!!!

By the way, I love the way it turned out, and I can't wait to see the final product!

TROUBLE!!!

Whitney said...

I didn't take any other pictures of you.

I could mention that you looked adorable while we were gathering supplies at The Home Depot and all of the awkwardly flirting pubescent boys that worked there couldn't roll their tongues back into their mouths after talking to you. Does that make you feel better Lindz?