Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Peaches & Apples

I dehydrated my 1/2 box of Utah peaches into peach chips that'll cut your mouth.

Then I spent the next 3 days doing batches of peach leather because my dehydrator will only do one rack at a time for 5-8 hours . . . AAAHHH! But I got her done.

We also got a little batch of apples from the Dibble Farm in Utah and I did apple chips with an assortment of mouth-cutters and some that are more gentle on the pie hole.

I think they all turned out really well for my first year of dehydrating!

Now if I can get Elliot to go out and shoot us a deer, I can make some jerky.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your peach leather looks delicious.

Amy said...

I agree, the peach leather DOES look delicious. What brand of dehydrator do you have? I have a cheapy one that doesn't have a fan and have only used it a couple of times.