Friday, January 28, 2011

DECEMBER: Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium

If there was someone less excited to be at the Wildlife Zoo in a torrential downpour, I certainly didn't see them there between my glares.

Everyone else, though, was ever optimistic that the rain would stop (it didn't) and we'd be able to spend the rest of the day enjoying wonderful weather.

Grandpa even made the poor workers that were huddled in a golf cart, get out and do their demonstration with some of the wildlife, including a snake, which I didn't appreciate.

I was, however, fascinated by the the nursing baby mice . . .

. . . as well as the mating turtles.

The saving grace was when Adam nearly peed himself when a zoo worker behind the scenes unexpectedly put her arm in a tank while we were observing from the other side. I laughed for at least 7 minutes.

I didn't stop shivering or get warm for 3 days. Do I sound ungrateful? Well, I was/am. I went home and read an Ensign article about gratitude and tried to change my attitude since I AM GRATEFUL that Stella has a Grandpa that loves his grandkids and wants to spend time with them doing great activities. Unfortunately, he doesn't manage the weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This day excursion was UNFORGETABLE! So fun! It wasn't that cold! Cute pictures. Thanks Grandpa!