Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sentences


Stella started speaking in sentences a couple of weeks ago. I think she's even sassed me a few times.


Her first was, of course, “I made a mess,” followed shortly by “No more monkey’s!” as she turned off Tarzan after watching it 99 times.


We were out to lunch with Elliot one day and as we were walking to the car, she said, “Dad, get in the car!”


One night after Elliot had been home for all of 5 minutes only to walk back out the door to a meeting, Stella was inconsolable. She wouldn’t stop whining, so this was our conversation:
Mommy: “Stella, are you sad?”
Stella: “Uh huh.”
Mommy: “Why?”
Stella: “I miss Dad.”


Grandma tells me that she said, “Mom did it,” after she asked her who painted her finger and toe nails. This sentence worries me because fairly often I get blamed for things at the Dibble household.


Stella’s most recent sentence is “I need help,” when she is trying open something. She always uses the same tone too, which is actually quite funny.


I don’t know if it’s my medication that’s making me laugh one second and cry the next, or if it’s this talking thing. I can’t believe my little Stella is turning 2 at the end of this month. Where did my baby go?

1 comment:

THE BANGARTS said...

I love her so much! But can she say my name yet? That's really the important thing here!