Saturday, January 27, 2007

Girls Night Out

I went to Emily’s family cabin over night and had such a great time with friends. I’m always so amazed at how much planning goes into an activity that is going to be less than 24 hours.

I was in charge of bringing the facial supplies, then we ate a bunch of unhealthy snacks, played silly games, and talked A LOT!

Mari Ashby

Jen Mix

Emily Campbell

Mari, Amy Webb, and Crystal Earl

Me (you know for a bunch of women who all mostly scrapbook, I was the only one who brought my camera!)

Myra Johnson, Stacy Reading, Brooke Cook

Kimmie and Stanton Curry

Stan

I, however, lost my voice. Before I left, Elliot told me that it was Heavenly Father’s way of telling me that I shouldn’t gossip or tell inappropriate stories . . . who does he think I am anyway? . . . well, truth is, he knows exactly who I am . . . and the loss of voice did hinder my ability to tell all of the stories I probably would have revealed had my voice been fully functional.

Its funny how time goes by so fast when you really don’t want it to. I told Elliot that since we were all mostly mothers and tired, we’d stay up no later than 1 or 2 o’clock . . . hello! All of the sudden as we were not even winding down from our first wind, someone mentioned that it was 2:30 a.m. . . . I finally fell asleep at 5:30 a.m., even though I wasn’t sleepy, but because I didn’t want my bra to get frozen.

Stacy left her bag out, so we found her bra . . . frozen stiff!

Sometimes it's nice just to get away with the Girls, but it's even better to get back with my favorite Girl!

No comments: