Monday, June 14, 2010

Push-Up Update (6 months)

If you'll remember back to my 32nd birthday post in November, I made a goal to learn how to do a push-up. "A" as in "one" . . . that is all. Below is a video of my progress, but first a little bit of Stella:
She's a little more advanced than I am. She's going to teach me how to do a cartwheel next.

NOVEMBER 2009
(when I turned 32-years-old)



MAY 2010
(when I turned 32 1/2-years-old)

I could have done another 1/2 of one, but I had already worked out for the day and I was tired.:) Catch me before the workout and I might get my chest all the way down (which, by the way, is missing these days . . . anyone seen it?)

Feel free to give advice on my form how how you think I may improve my push-up (notice, only one) in the next 6 months.

4 comments:

Jennybug said...

I'm thinking my idea of a push up and your idea of a push up are two different things. I just go as far as I can and go back up. I can do lots that way! Are you supposed to get within a certain distance from the floor? Hmmmm...... I ought to work on that.

Marci said...

I do them the girlie way and loads faster. Yes, I am a cheater when it comes to physical exercise.

Adam said...

I like your form (straight back and neck). You can try to go lower to the ground, but being able to go as low to make you upper and lower arm form a 90 degree angle (which you do) is fantastic! My suggestion to increase your reps - do what you can in a normal fashion and then drop to one knee in the "girlie style" pushup and do some more and then drop the other knee to the floor and finish in the "girlie style."
By the way, you totally had at least another pushup or two in you. Push it out!

Nate and Robin said...

I agree with Adam. It totally looked like you could have done more. I think your form looked good too. Man, I need to start doing it again. I was up to 10 once, which is amazing as I don't really have much upper body muscles. I don't know if I could do 2 right now. Keep up the good work!