The gym is owned by Amanda Borden who was one of the "Magnificent Seven" from the 1996 Atlanta Olympics (remember Kerri Strug's broken ankle on the vault?).
Holy muscles.Stella was so excited for this event! She was selected to hold the torch for the 'opening ceremony'. They had 4 events going on at the same time, so some of the pictures you'll have to look in the back for her. Also, her regular teacher wasn't the one spotting her, so she was way too helpful because she didn't know about Stella's super-skills.
She started out with the FLOOR ROUTINE doing ta-da forward roll finish, step kick cartwheel finish, feet together jump 1/2 turn, straight jump roll to candle, lay down bridge up, one foot up, kick cartwheel, chase to pose. I wasn't sure when it was her turn, so I wasn't prepared to do video.
Her next routine was VAULT (that was way in the back in the pictures) doing squat on and forward rolls on the mats. The too helpful teacher is pretty much standing in the way of all her pictures, but you can tell who her regular teacher is (really short hair) because she doesn't help Stella as much.
Next routine was the BARS doing a pullover, 3 casts, forward roll down, and skin the cat to ta-da. When I asked Stella why the teacher was helping her so much, she said, "I don't know, she's just a nice person." Stella can do all of that by herself, including spinning around the bar with straight legs and ending back in the straight arm position she started in. That's why she passed her class.
Her last routine was the BEAM doing the leg over, tuck, bring toes behind and stand, forward walk 4 steps, 4 kick steps, lock pivot turn, straight jump, releve walk 4 steps to arabesque hold, step lock pivot face the front of gym, jump dismount (and Stella added a wave).
Grandma and Grandpa Dibble, Aunt Beth, Aunt Xan and her cousins Anabelle and Claire came to help support Stella in her first gymnastics meet and her cousins even brought her flowers! Thank you! GREAT JOB STELLA!
5 comments:
Great job Stella! That was so awesome! Keep working hard and we'll see you getting Olympic medals someday!
Look at her go! Great job! Hooray for Stella!
Brings back fun memories!! I hope Sophie wants to do gymnastics too! Tell Stella that she did an AWESOME job!!
Go Stella Go! I wish it was cool for boys to be in gymnastics because my boys would love it! (And by that I mean that I wish that Stu thought it was cool for boys to be in gymnastics.)
Stella did so wonderful! She is such a little doll! The balance beam was my favorite one she did! She looks super cute up there!
At her next meet can you tell her to say, "I did it for my country!" when she's all done.
Post a Comment