Tuesday, May 10, 2011

26 Weeks Pregnant


May 8, 2011 (picture was actually on the 1st, but it's about the same)

SICKNESS: I finally threw up. I can't remember why though. I almost made it the whole time without being sick. I don't think it was pregnancy related, but I sure felt better afterwards. I'm mostly just incredibly tired and can take a nap ANY time of the day. Not sick though.

CRAVINGS: Fruit. Bananas mostly, but apples are on the list now. I wouldn't say I have an aversion to any foods because they don't make me sick, but nothing else sounds good to eat anymore . . . even my regulars (chips, bread, Fiber One bars).

FEELINGS: I can't believe I didn't do a 24 week update. My last one was
20 Weeks
and HOLY MOLY have I grown! I must apologize to the lady at church last week who I reprimanded for asking me if I was having twins . . . it really does look like I am (I'm not).

I'm not nervous, but I'm realizing that we're getting toward the end of the pregnancy and I don't feel prepared. I know, we've had 7 years to get ready for this one, but still, it's so weird how much there is to be done! This little guy is a MOVER! I don't remember Stella kicking so much as just rolling around, but this guy kicks. Stella, Elliot and I love to feel him and now that we can see him kicking through my belly, we're entertained for quite some time.

I'm not sure I'd call them contractions because they don't hurt, but my belly sure does get tight on occasion. I never had contractions with Stella until I was induced, so I don't really know what the first ones feel like. I'll be done with the 2nd trimester at the end of the week!

Still no name. It's hard to believe, but it's becoming even more difficult to pick one that we agree on. We might have to start from scratch again.

Also, sometimes I just need to cry. Does everyone's husband panic when you cry? And really, does there have to be a reason why it's happening?

I'm not uncomfortable AT ALL, in fact, I could be pregnant FOREVER because I love it so much! I'm excited to get in the pool though and see what kind of tricks he does then! I LOVE my huge belly!

SOME THINGS I NEED TO WORK ON:
*Interview midwives & doulas
*Continue Hypnobabies scripts and present reading and practices to Elliot
*Go to Birth Circle
*Write Birth Plan
*Clean the dining room because we have to feed the missionaries on Sunday

9 comments:

Kyle said...

You look adorable...and not at all like you are having twins!

Kimmie said...

You glow! Not in a sweaty way, like in an angelic, beautiful, mommy way! I love your birth updates! I also love that you love being pregnant! I love it too
Ps I am still picturing yoir bany to come out with glasses like Bishop. I cant wait to see his face! I love him already!

Sarah said...

Dang you look good!!!! I thought a few more descriptive things about how good you look when I first saw the picture but I thought I'd better save them for a one-on-one some day and not the blog comments page.:-) Pregnancy really does look great on you and I am so happy for you guys. We are having a boy as well and our babies will be weeks apart. Can they be friends???

Alyssa and Nate said...

you do look large with child, isn't it great! i told nate tonight: "i'm not really this fat I just don't want to suck in anymore!" good luck with the names. maybe if you pick a style (ie city names-that's my brothers boys, Irish names-that's my sisters boys, old fashioned names-that will be ours when we start worrying about it) it will help to narrow it down!

Clarissa said...

You look amazing! You have popped for sure! :) Shame on that lady for asking you about twins, though. Ha. Ha. Also, what is hypnobabies?

Missy said...

you look beautiful! Let's be honest, big twin-sized bellies are the best. I must say i'm feeling a little bump envy at the moment.

mollie said...

Well I think you look great! I love the feeling of little feetsies kicking all over inside. Crazy weird wonderful. I loved your talk tonight by the way. I thought it was fantastic and very motivational!

Nikki said...

Wow Whitney! You are stunning! I am so happy you enjoy being pregnant! I loved it, too. I love your blog and your photos! What talent and a cute family. Found your blog thru Amy's. Nikki

Carebear said...

You do NOT look like you're having twins - you look adorable - skinny lady with a basketball under her dress, I'd say! You definitely do glow - still SO super excited for you!