Sunday, March 27, 2011

20 Weeks Pregnant


March 26, 2011
SICKNESS: none
CRAVINGS: Peanuts and Bananas
FEELINGS: We're SO excited to be having a little BOY! However, I'm being driven crazy because we don't know his name yet! With Stella we were tossing around Olivia or Stella and right during the ultrasound when they said she was a girl, Elliot decided her name was Stella. I still wasn't sure (you know, because everyone thinks they have to see their baby first), but Elliot just started calling her Stella and praying for Stella . . . so she became Stella. With this little guy I THOUGHT we had a name picked out, but then my sweet lovin' husband was virtually silent on the subject . . . until last night. He mentioned a name after the ultrasound that I vetoed (we'll talk about the other names that were vetoed later), but now that we've gone over our family history books, the prophets of the church and the presidents of the United States, we still haven't decided. I guess you'll know when we put his name on the ticker or when he emerges from my womb. I think he's still a little shocked that it's not a girl. At my last appointment, I had gained 9 pounds since the last appointment. That makes 12 pounds total. Good thing I'm over the Hershey's Kisses and Fried Chicken cravings phase. In other news, I'm almost 99% sure that I'm going to change providers and go with a midwife and have a natural birth. There you have it. You are invited to keep your "she's crazy" talk and negative comments/stories/experiences about childbirth to yourselves lest you be put on our list of people we cannot talk to for the next 4 months. I have begun to enter my "Bubble of Peace" as I learn to allow my body to do as it was designed to do . . . give birth and do so peacefully. I need Elliot on board with this one too, so think of him as in my bubble as well.

P.S. I love my own belly and the little guy inside there.

11 comments:

Heather said...

You look FABULOUS!!! Cute, cute, cute! I think boy names are way harder than girl names. Good luck! :)

Amy said...

How are you ALWAYS dressed so dang cute! Half way, hooray! Good luck with the natural birth...you're awesome.

The Earls said...

You look adorable! Good luck with the oh-natural. :) I found that the bradley method helped me to focus when times got tough. It helps in getting Elliot involved too!:)

Jennybug said...

Yay for natural births! I did it 4 times, so I KNOW you can do it too. Definitely look into the Bradley method--it's what we did. Elliot has a major job in the birth and it will really help to have him there. I have a book I can send you....just have to find it. And yes, boy names are so hard! Kimbal was actually named after Pres. Kimball, kind of. Do you have some names on your list? You know many opinionated people would like to know and help you pick! :) You look FABULOUS!

Missy said...

Boy names are hard! It seems like there are more girl names then there are boy names. I'm excited to hear what you guys decide on.
I'm glad you've got your "bubble" going already. Keep up the good work!

Michelle said...

You're gorgeous!! :)
My best friend did the Bradley method and LOVED it. She said it was the best thing ever!

mashby said...

Yay!!! Can't wait to watch YOUR birth video a million times and bawl every time!! Ha ha! :) You'll be awesome!! Seriously, you can do it! Let me know if you have any questions, although you've got the best expert down the street. Yes, Elliot has to be totally on board - maybe Mike could talk to him? That'd probably be a weird thing for guys to talk about though!

Alyssa and Nate said...

i have the book "hypnobirthing, the mongan method" if you're interested in it.

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

SO when you say natural does this mean home birth? Hospital setting? or birthing center? Just curious. I think it is fantastic to be able to make any decision you choose on the delivery of your baby, KEY: is to get baby here safel.

I don't think you are "crazy" but coming from a "high risk" mama of 3, unable to have even tried or attempted natural anything, I think it is important to remember all the advice and education you learn on natural birth, should be equally learned about interventions and the possibility of not being able to go natural (whatever natural means in your case) I mean that in the way of how YOU'RE are doing it.... water pool at home? at a hospital with no epidural?in a dark room alone? I'm just curious. Happy for you and your family, and my MAIN advice is make sure that hubby of yours is INVOLVED I could NEVER do it without my hubby there.

Emily said...

Natural!?@! are you freakin kidding?? You're totally off you rocker and friggin nuts. Look at the stats girl. Safe is being temporarily paralyzed, having a catheter, IV, and of course flat on your back. Now that's control. ;)

(Pardon the sarcasm, I'm a little moody right now and sick of silly women who don't deserve a uterus)

Annie said...

Congrats on the "bubble" I am rooting for you!

I agree boy names are hard, I am sure you guys will choose a great name!