Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Malcolm is 1 Month Old!

I can't believe my baby is already 1 month old. Hey, remember when you were all freaking out for 2 weeks that he wasn't born yet? That sure didn't go as fast as these past 5 weeks!

Here are some things I don't want to forget about Mr. Malcolm's first month:

-Malcolm always looks concerned.
-Malcolm looks like he's ready for his Senior pictures because he is always in a great arm shelf pose.
-Malcolm thinks we're trying to kill him every time we change his diaper. FYI-we're not.
-Malcolm used to like his carseat, but now it seems like every time we have carpool, it's during a time that I should be feeding him and he pretty much hates the world and his carseat.
-Malcolm was not a fan of his first few baths, but once he got to be in the bathtub, he acted like he was at a day spa.
-Malcolm sweats profusely. Seriously, the pad on his carseat is soaked every time I take him out and his mullet is swept into a sweet flip.
-Malcolm doesn't like the swing.
-Malcolm is a binki baby.
-Malcolm pleased his father greatly when Mommy was unable to console the dear boy one late evening, but fell asleep quickly as soon as Daddy took over.
-Malcolm likes to sleep on his tummy.
-Malcolm is a great sleeper and slept from 12-5 when he was a week old.
-Malcolm's favorite hold is in a cuddle on your chest.
-When Malcolm is hungry, there better be a boob around.
-Malcolm is forced to have advanced neck muscles because his sister thinks he's a doll.
-Malcolm has a pouty lip when he cries just like Stella did.
-Malcolm crapped so much after I dropped all of the kids back home from the carpool that it dripped all the way through the carseat and onto the carpet by the time I got him out of the seat. To be fair, he didn't know that I just cleaned the carpets.
-Malcolm is a kicker. But I already knew that.
-Malcolm is 10 pounds!
-Malcolm knows his Mommy's voice and this pleases me greatly.
-Malcolm has a fantastic open-mouthed smile, but he is stingy with it. He'll usually only smile after I've fed him in the morning and then again, only for a minute. He doesn't think we're as hilarious as we think he is.
-Sleeping on his tummy, Malcolm kicks his way up to the top of the bassinet and has rubbed all of the hair off of the front of his head in the 20 seconds it takes me to go get him.
-Malcolm is learning to sleep through Stella's efforts to wake him up whenever she's home.
-Malcolm has outgrown his newborn clothes and we have finishing up the newborn diapers and are on to size 1.
-Malcolm's talons grow very fast. He's like Wolverine. I've already cut them 3 times. He likes to scratch the crap out of my chest.
-Malcolm is a champ when it comes to his shots. He cries for 3 seconds to let everyone know that it hurt, and then he's fine.
-We haven't captured it on video yet, but our favorite thing that Malcolm does is sneeze. Not just any sneeze, but he does about 2 real sneezes and then winds up to do another only to decide not to let it out and just do a little "ah-ww" at the end. It's seriously the cutest thing we've seen this year.

Malcolm is so fantastic. He has no idea how hilarious he is! Stella can't stop laughing at him which boggles us because he's usually asleep. Stella also thinks that Malcolm's uncontrollable arm waving is the funniest thing she's ever seen. She loves her brother and we love him too!

5 comments:

Anne Bennion said...

Fun little memories of the first month with your little man! What a doll!

Laurie said...

Holy crap! I can't believe he's a month old already! ... I freaking love your baby! (And I'm not just saying that because you just said he has Wolverine-like talons, I promise.)

Such a fun post, Whitney! I'm so happy for you - and your family - that The Boy is finally here so you can all love on him!

Missy said...

can't believe it's been a month! holy canoly! I love that pouty lip. He already knows how to work it.

Kimmie said...

Oh my heavens, those pictures are just too much cutesness for me to handle! I love him! And he totally does always look concerned! That's so adorable!

Marci said...

Malcolm is sooooooooo cute! He has grown so fast and does have that cute pouty lip just like Stella. I'm so glad you write these fun things about your kiddos. Give him a kiss from Aunt Marci, please!