Adam set up a camping trip for last Friday and Saturday in the Prescott area at the Wolf Creek campsite. We caravanned with Adam and Xan and got to the camp in the early afternoon. We had the whole campsite to ourselves!
The kids immediately found the giant mountain of rocks and started climbing. I was concerned for about 5 minutes until I just realized that this relaxing campout wasn’t going to be very relaxing if I was hovering around Stella the whole time. Adam complimented Elliot and me on our progress in not being overprotective parents. I just get scared because Stella is such a monkey and wants to climb like the older kids. I was most impressed with Grandma's calm when the kids were climbing around. I was sure her head would explode.
The Andrews family (Ward, Lisa, Audrey, Max, & Hannah), Grandpa, Grandma, & Aunt Bethany Dibble, and the Klug family (Jason, Megan, Mason, Gianna, & Alivia) showed up a few hours after we got to the camp.
These girls (including Gianna when she finally showed up) had a great time playing, bossing each other around and drinking each other's sodas. Most of the kids had a really hard time keeping their shoes and socks on despite their parents constant reminders. Unfortunately, Gianna stepped on hot charcoal that her dad was using under his seat to warm his rear.
For dinner Grandpa, Grandma, and Beth made filet mignon stew with homemade rolls. Elliot and I made Chocolate Lover's Delight in the dutch oven for dessert.
Stella fell asleep while we were still sitting around the campfire and stayed asleep when we got to the tent. Elliot was snoring shortly thereafter as well as several other people in the camp. I would know because I was wide awake most of the night! I couldn't get confortable!
DAY 2 03/17/07 - STILL AT THE CAMP
The Klug's made cream cheese filled french toast, breakfast burritos and bacon for breakfast. Wow, it was yummy!
After we cleaned up the campsite, we headed up the road to the lake for some fishing!
2 comments:
Stella is starting to look more like you Whitty. She's my little love!
Like I always say, there's a special place in heaven for moms who take their babies camping! That one of all the moms yawning with the babies made me laugh so hard...
Post a Comment