
We were able to attend the Memphis temple on Saturday morning. It is one of the smaller temples, so Elliot had to make an appointment for us to come. Since it was such a small group and there wasn't a session after us, we were able to sit in the Celestial room for quite a while. It was so peaceful and we're so happy that we made sure this was one of the first activities we planned for the weekend.

However, I forgot to put the battery back into the camera, so we didn't get any Saturday pictures. So after church on Sunday (we went to the Walnut Grove ward . . . fun little connection to Little House on the Prairie), we went back to the temple to take some pictures. Also, there was no one to take our picture, so we had to put it on the car.


After we changed, we headed to downtown Memphis to the National Civil Right Museum and I recognized the Sun Studio where Elvis Presley recorded his first song before he became famous. I think he recorded it for his mother's birthday or something.
1 comment:
We have a small Temple too, and it's about 1 hour away. I miss the Mesa Temple; you can show up almost any time of almost any day. Like you mentioned, with the small Temples you have to make an appointment. We also have to help clean the Temple. The Memphis Tennessee Temple looks beautiful!
Post a Comment