Here is my little nursery at church! The older looking kids are in Stella's nursery in a different room, but I visit them every so often. Our newest nursery child is Michael. He was a little frightened, but he did pretty well and LOVED the bubbles!
Nursery has been a challenge for me since I was called as the Nursery Coordinator. On those certain Sunday's when I feel like this is going to be the longest calling of my life, I'm grateful that I've taken these pictures to remind me that my influence on these kids might just stick with them for the rest of their lives or the lessons I teach about Jesus might just help them with their little testimonies. I know that even though I'm not able to hear the Relief Society or Sunday school lessons or associate with my friends at church like I used to, I know that Heavenly Father wants me to strengthen my testimony in the Nursery, right now, with these kids. I love them, boogers and all! (not really, I don't like other kids boogers, I usually let the other Nursery worker get those)
P.S. Some kids get more face time than others for one or the other of these reasons:
1. They are at church more often when I bring my camera.
2. They are more photogenic than other kids.
3. They hold still long enough for me to take a clear picture.
4. They love to get their picture taken.
5. They won't stop crying until I show them their picture.

6 comments:
What a cute slideshow1 the music was perfect! Thanks so much for being such a good nursery leader for my little Emma. We do miss you in RS though!
I am so glad you are the nursery leader. Casey never stops talking about how fun nursery is. He can't wait to go every week. I know it isn't always fun for you but you have taught all these kids so much already. The pictures are priceless. Thanks so much for taking care of all of our kids! You are the best!
Whitney, the nursery was Lee's favorite calling ever. He loved to take the kid who was having the hardest time and help them to love nursery. Tyler Fosburgh renamed him "Johnson". I know it is a hard calling though. I was a nursery leader 3 different times (Guess I didn't ever quite get it right)but, they will always remember you.
Was that Marci, Me, Lindsay, Kayla, Ashley, Kristi Vickers, or Debbie Johnson playing the flute on the first song?
How I miss those kids! You are a trooper, Whitney, for accepting the calling of Nursery Leader. That's gotta be the most difficult calling of them all. I loved Stella's posses!
Such cute pics! Thanks for loving our little guy. You do a great job!!
Post a Comment