Monday, December 10, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving

We had such a great Thanksgiving week in my hometown of Weiser, Idaho. Elliot, Stella and I went up a few days early to finish some preparations with my cousins and to finally have some time together as a family!

DAY 1 (11/18/07) - We flew to Boise, rented a dumpy little car, picked up Nat, and headed to Weiser to my parents house.

DAY 2 (11/19/07) - We slept in, Elliot went running in the brisk morning air of the farm, and we kind of relaxed the rest of the day. We had a little planning meeting with my cousins Summer and Stacy to discuss finalizing preparations of the reunion. We went to dinner with my high school BFF Amy Neddo Rodriguez.

DAY 3 (11/20/07) - We drove to Boise to meet Stacy and Summer to finish the food shopping at Costco. We were feeding 120 people for 3 whole days, so the pile of food was large. Summer and Stacy had already purchased quite a bit and were storing at their houses. They did such a great job with the menu! This was Grandpa's actualy birthday, but I forgot to call him.

DAY 4 (11/21/07) - Elliot, Stella and I went for a long walk out in the cold. Stella did pretty well for the first part of the walk, but we carried her the rest of the way home. The landscape picture is actually of Indian Head Mountain. If you look in the distance, you can see the outline of the Indian Chief laying down (head to the left). That crop-duster airplane was the one that I remember flying over us as we weeded the beet fields as kids. We went over to my brother's house and had a little band concert from his kids. Ashley plays the flute (not the same one that my sisters Marci, Natalie and Lindsay played), Cordell plays the trombone (same one that my brothers Adam and Jeff played), and Megan plays the trumpet (same on that my brother Miles and I played). They were actually pretty good. They were more than willing to share their talent with us! We ended the night with a potato-peeling party. I don't remember how many we peeled and chopped, but it was enough to feed 120 people.

1 comment:

Jennybug said...

I love potatoes!