Saturday, April 21, 2012

Special Valentine Date

Valentine's Day has never been one of my favorite holidays (least favorite, if you will), and even since Elliot and I got married I've somehow managed to crap it up one way or another. It was fun to make it special for Elliot and Stella this year.
Elliot asked Stella to go on a special Valentine's date at Dibble Diner. They got all dressed up, we put on some romantic music, and I served them dinner in the living room and I even let them use my China (4th use in 13 years). On the menu:
Appetizers - Nachos
Entree - Subway Sandwiches with chips
Beverage - Crystal Light lemonade packets and/or chocolate milk
Raspberry sorbet to cleanse the pallet.
Malcolm managed the whole situation calmly.
There was a little bit of dancing.
Then Stella caught her date making out with the waitress.
But the night ended well with an episode of Winter Wipeout . . .
. . . and giant heart cookies. And maybe a little bit more making out between the waitress and Stella's date. Happy Valentines Day.

1 comment:

Melissa M. said...

You sure go to a lot of work for a holiday you don't like....
Your secret is safe with me, Valentine Liker.