Thursday, May 10, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt

I know it's already been a month since Easter, but I have some pictures, so there.


There was a community Easter Egg Hunt at the community garden at Escalante Park on Saturday morning (earlier than all of the other hunts started). The Farar's told us about it and they were the only other family there. We waited around for a little while and took a little tour from the guy that tends the garden (he has a great story - homeless, found a bag of a butt-load of money on the train, turned it in, turned his life around, and now he's very successful and super nice . . . but I'm sure he was nice before because he turned the money in) . . . AND he put some seriously great candy in the Easter eggs for the kids (I may or may not have made them share some).



Then he sent the kids out to find the bazillion eggs he hid for them. I tried to make Stella leave some just in case other kids came really late. There were so many eggs. Allison's basket even busted!

The kids took their loot over to the park where they devoured quite a bit of it and then they played for a little while with their cute chocolate-covered faces.

Stella loves the tire swing and I'm surprised she didn't barf with all of that candy in her tummy.

Malcolm loved the swing and had a massive blow-out as he squealed with glee.

After we had been there for a while, other people started showing up for another egg hunt that was happening in the park. As we were walking back to the car, we passed a cute little family all gussied up in their Easter yard goods. We smiled nicely and said good morning and the young mother eyed our full Easter baskets and said very aggravated, "There was another Easter egg hunt?!" We affirmed that yes, indeed, there was a 9:00 hunt. She said even more aggravated, "Uugghh! It wasn't online!" And then she stomped on to the other hunt. Uh, are we in trouble?

No comments: