Friday, May 11, 2012

Morgan's Wedding

I'm kind of disappointed that I only took pictures with my phone. I was still in the obsessed phase of having a new smartphone. So my apologies for the poor quality of photo. Here we go then . . .

We've been super excited about going to Morgan's wedding in Utah. Morgan is Elliot's cousin on his Mom's side (and a favorite) and Stella was just dying to see her looking like a princess. When we saw a picture of Morgan and Ted's preview of wedding pictures on Instagram, Stella said, "Are you kidding me? This is like my dream come true!" She was excited.

I'd like you to show me someone who looks happier than Morgan.

Stella was also excited to go on an airplane and told EVERYONE that she hasn't been on a plane since we went to visit Uncle Miles in 2009. She also asked at least a dozen times if she could sit by the window. The answer was always yes, but she still asked anyway.

While we were waiting for our flight in Phoenix, I ran into my Laurel Advisor, Laura Palmer, from when I was in Young Womens in Weiser, Idaho. She was my absolute favorite and she looks EXACTLY the same. This woman will not ever age.


Stella was more than giggly when the airplane took off and Malcolm was very interested in everything around him and climbing on us and going back and forth between us. The flight was only an hour and he fell asleep the last 10 minutes. Looks like Elliot did to.

I am absolutely kicking myself that I didn't get a picture of some of our favorite people that we had the privilege of staying 2 nights with. We stayed with Elliot's cousin Trevan & Kennan and their totally adorable family (Jude, Greta, and Ezra). I'm fired from camera duties. I made arrangements to stay with my sister in Kaysville, but because I'm also firing myself from sleeping arrangements because for some reason I cannot figure out or remember how far away everything is from each other in Utah. I guess I think it's just like the cities around here that are just 10-20 minutes apart. Not so. Turns out Provo isn't super close to Farmington.

So thankfully, Kennan let us stay with them very last minute so we could participate in all of the wedding festivities and stay out as late as we wanted. And let me tell you that the Gregory family knows how to stay up late. Kennan did take some more pictures (the ones with a real camera), so I'm stealing them from her blog for the next post, but look at her blog too because she's funny.

We went to the wedding dinner on Wednesday night before the wedding. Ted's dad did all of the Cafe Rio type food and we got to sit at a table with Elliot's uncle and cousins so it was lots of fun. Who knows were Stella was? I'm pretty sure I just turned her over to Kennan even though she had lots of wedding duties. Kennan did a fantastic video of Morgan and Ted and as we were all watching it (everyone was crying), Grandma Dibble told Stella that she needed to make sure she kept all of her pictures so that she could have a video just like this when she gets married. Stella just said, "My teeth will never be that white." It's kind of true. Between Ted and Morgan, there was a lot of beautiful white teeth.

Jude and Stella were already chums by the time we were ready to go to the dinner that night. I can tell because it sort of looks like she's sharing. Apparently Greta was ticked that she didn't get to go in our car to the dinner and ended up cursing their van as she cried the entire way there. Poor girl.

The night was so fun and we couldn't wait until the next day for the wedding! We did stay up too late though just talking to Kennan and Trev. The kids had their little slumber party in the basement with every stuffed animal from the house surrounding them.

The wedding wasn't until 1:00 the next day, so you'd think that we'd have enough time to get ready, but we were late anyway. We had some babysitter issues when we got to the temple late and Elliot insisted that I go into the wedding. I usually would make a fuss and insist that he go into the wedding since Mo is his cousin, but Elliot tends to be more stubborn than I am and we didn't have time for it, so I just went in. It was lovely.


It must be something about the eternal covenant made at the temple because it seems like we waited FOREVER for Morgan and Ted to come out after the sealing. Turns out it was Ted that was taking so long. It was sprinkling a little rain while we waited, but let up before they came out.

Malcolm was having a good time outside and likes Grandpa now.

I had to document this because this is a REAL smile for Grandma Dibble. I can see their relationship correcting itself in the very near future.

It was such a lovely day to get married!  Morgan and Ted looked so happy!

Stella was a little star struck.

Greta waited patiently for the bride's attention.

Stella was super happy to be there and helped Morgan with her dress and became a little self-assigned bridesmaid. She did a good job actually.

We went to The Lion House for lunch where Malcolm promptly fell asleep. We headed over to the Church Office Building to go to the top (you have to have a guide now . . . it's been a while) and Stella was all over the place. She charmed the little old missionary ladies like she usually does, but she was also so wired from the excitement of the wedding that she very nearly would have gone over the edge if the glass walls weren't there as a barrier. Every time we looked over the edge, she was sure she saw Morgan and Ted.

And then we really did see Morgan and Ted. It was like 3 hours after they go married and they were still taking pictures. Seriously, don't they have some business to take care of?

By the time we got back to Trev and Kennan's, it was nearly time to go to the reception, which, by the way, was beautiful. It was a a greenhouse of sorts in the atrium and was just absolutely beautiful. What a lovely evening. I absolutely love Elliot's family. I really do. They are interesting people and they are interested in us and just always seem so happy to see us. Plus, they make us laugh. Who doesn't love that?

I had to walk away from watching the bride dance with her father. I was crying. That man loves his baby girl. Then it was fun so see everyone else dancing and having a great time. They had everyone line up outside with sparklers to send the bride and groom off to their new life together!

Morgan and Ted looked like Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. I'm not kidding. It was on their cake.

No comments: