I wish everyone could just sit with me and look at all of the pictures and video I got of this night. Elliot, of course, couldn’t have been more uncomfortable while looking at them, but I couldn’t stop laughing! Our ward Priesthood Commemoration (Father/Son outing) was last weekend, so we planned a girls night at my house. There was plenty of food, a great turn out, and to top it all off, KARAOKE! My face and sides hurt so bad from laughing for the 6 hours we had it on!
Emily was the scroller through all of the songs and would survey everyones faces to see who lit up when a certain song was highlighted and encourage them to come and sing. She kept stopping on “My Give A Damn’s Busted” and “9 to 5,” and kept looking at me because apparently it was my turn to sing. I totally wanted to sing, but none of the songs suited my fancy. So I accidentally made my rather embarrassing debut trying to sing 9 to 5. This certain time on the karaoke game, I was being judged by the audience. I nearly got BOOED off the stage! Sure, I can sing the chorus, but the rest of the words (even though they were on the screen) were a different story! It rained on me and I got a 23%. Humiliating, even with Mari and Kimmie as my back-up singers/dancers. But I made up for it later when I sang “I’m Saving All My Love” and got a 95%.

It’s Kimmie’s dream to sing Tina Turner’s Proud Mary with all of her friends as back up singers (I’m sure there is full costume to top it all off).

Kimmie sang nearly every other song. When scrolling through the list of songs, it gives you a short little 10 second snippet of the song. I got video of Kimmie singing EVERY song, and it wasn’t just a little sing-a-long . . . you could tell that she also had a dance routine to go along with every song! It was so funny because her baby boy Stan was most relaxed and comfortable when he could hear her singing and when she was bouncing around dancing.

When we ran out of songs to sing, Emily called her brother who brought over 2 more discs of songs for us to choose from. When the list got to “Killing Me Softly,” Mari didn’t hesitate to stand and retrieve the microphone to be the lead singer (after everyone left, I also did very well singing this song).

Stella was everyone’s biggest fan!

So my friend Melissa is pregnant, as you can see. Every time I ask her how she’s doing, she always says that she just feels like she’s so big . . . wah, wah, wah . . . and since I’m so smart, I just think that it’s because she’s never ever had a belly in her life. So she had her ultrasound on Friday to find out if the baby was a boy or girl. She got a 3-D ultrasound and showed us the picture when she came over for the party. Well, I didn’t exactly know what I was looking at, and when I assumed what I was seeing was a boy, Melissa corrected me and told me that I was looking at the arm and also pointed out the head . . . and ANOTHER HEAD! She’s having TWIN GIRLS! I’ve told her and Geniel to start filling water jugs for me so I can be next with the twins!

Stella wanted it to be her turn to sing all the time and had a few minor tantrums, but was surprisingly enjoyable all night until she finally fell asleep at 12:05 a.m. I could tell that there was a lot of negative talk when we were asked to sing because every once in a while, Stella would grab the microphone, sing for a second, and then drop it to the floor and run off shaking her head and saying, “I can’t, I can’t!” She’s so dramatic.


Emma sang “Popcorn Popping” and it was so cute and had such a great time with the girls!

There were several group songs and dancing routines. Azia, a new sister in the ward (who was actually baptized yesterday), brought a friend and they were both totally into the karaoke. Azia wouldn’t sing, but she danced and had a great time!

Emily got 100% when she sang “Hungry Like a Wolf” (that song freaks me out).

It’s so fun to see friends get so into this. Meagan wore Stella’s cowgirl hat while she sang “Redneck Woman.”

Corinne was into the Dixie Chicks and sang “Goodbye Earl” and also sang a SheDaisy song.

When we could peel the microphone out of Kimmie’s hands, Crystal got a chance to sing a few songs. She was also a willing back up singer/dancer for Kimmie's Proud Mary number.

Baby Hudson was trying to sleep until Stella needed to give him some hugs and kisses. After that, he just watched the crazy ladies sing and dance around.



Stacy sang and danced in between feedings for baby Jane. These pictures make me laugh SO HARD! I don’t know what song they are singing, but it’s obviously a stirring rendition.

Tiffini finally agreed to sing a song after mostly everyone left and made sure that everyone was singing with her.


Some of them tried to do the dance moves that they saw on the screen. Also a great time.
People started trickling out and leaving, and before we knew it, 6 hours of singing had gone by. Emily passed out on the floor for a while before she remembered that her comfortable bed was 20 feet away at her house. Mari, Tiffini, and Crystal (and baby Elliott who slept through the entire party) spent the night. We ate a yummy breakfast of licorice and scrambled eggs and then Stella and I tried to get through the day without passing out from being so tired!

If you'd like to scroll through the pictures again and think of everyone singing these other songs, you might just get another kick out of it: Crazy in Love, Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?, Endless Love, Fame, Greatest Love of All (which I would have done a duet with Lindsay, had she been here), Material Girl, A Natural Woman, Flashdance, Love Shack, My Immortal, Heartbreaker (so funny to see Kimmie sing), More Than Words, She Bangs, What a Girl Wants, Don't Worry Bout a Thing, How Do I Live, I Like It I Love It, Wide Open Spaces, and Suds in the Bucket.
2 comments:
Oh that night was too much fun! We need to do it again sometime. Kimmie was so fun to watch! I could have just sat and watch all her hilarious dance routines with Stanton falling asleep on her chest as she went. Thanks for hosting such a fun party.
When I come to visit, I would like a Kerry-Okey party just like this one and I would like to reserve the song "Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong". Please invite my back up singer, Miles, and I will need some back up dancers too so please invite all those crazy women from your ward. THEY'RE ALL NUTS!!
Post a Comment