Monday, May 21, 2007
Nap Nazi
You know how I’ve had a little break down for the past seven months because of the sleeping change that our sweet girl has gone through since learning how to climb out of her crib, getting a new bed, and refusing to sleep perfectly as she once did? Well instead of trying to retrain her to take a nap, stay in bed, or just behave in general, I gave in to her crying demands and let her stay awake and do whatever she wants to do, all the while being completely jealous of other mom’s who still have napping children (I know you can sympathize with me as to the complete necessity that nap time is). I blame this entirely on myself (ok, occasionally I’ll transfer blame to whomever is in my way).
So last week I decided to retrain Stella to take a nap, especially since I had been staying up until 1:00 a.m. watching season 3 of 24 while Elliot was gone. Girlfriend needs a nap! I am happy to report that Stella is taking a nap as I sit here blogging (only took 5 minutes to fall asleep this time) and also took 3 successful naps last week since I decided to become a Nap Nazi!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm proud of you!!! Aren't naps great? Welcome to nap nazidom. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get my break at nap time. I hope Stella keeps up the routine so mommy can have some moments of sanity. :)
Post a Comment