Monday, May 21, 2007
Mystery Solved
My friend’s husband watched Stella the other night so that she and I could go to an Enrichment game night. Stella loves Rachel and Kaitlyn, so they were all very excited to play together again. Rebecca and I had a great time at game night (see upcoming post), and I was very grateful to Spencer for watching Stella since Elliot was out of town. When I got home and got Stella ready for bed, I noticed that she was wearing one of Rachel’s diapers and was embarrassed that I had forgotten to leave a diaper for Spencer and was worried about the possible contents that may have been in the diaper he had to change. The next morning I brought Stella back over to Rebecca’s to play so that I could go Visiting Teaching. I asked Rebecca to apologize to Spencer for me about having to change the diaper. Rebecca looked at me seriously and said, “Yeah about that . . . Spencer said that Stella wasn’t wearing a diaper . . . he looked all over the house and couldn’t find it.” I’M A WHITE TRASH MOM! I can’t even clothe my own child properly! How could I not have noticed she wasn’t wearing a diaper? I know I even carried her to and from the house and buckled her in her car seat.
Here is the evidence right by the back door at home. Anyway, I’m totally embarrassed, but at least she was well behaved and didn’t leave her mark somewhere in their house . . . at least that they’ve found yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I laughed & laughed about this! It just goes to show you that despite our best efforts we are all PWT(poor white trash) parents at times. Myra told me that just to tease her when she was working at the bank, Ken would come pick her up with the boys in only a diaper and one sock each.
Post a Comment