I just didn't think it would happen at my house! I was working on family reunion duties in the office while Stella was supposed to be having quiet time. She came in with a handful of hair and said, "Look I have hair for my baby sister!" (P.S. no baby sister on the way).
So in my most evil sounding voice I said, "WHAT DID YOU DO!!" and I ran into the bathroom to see the pile of hair in the sink and on the floor. OK, it wasn't really that much, but exponentially more than I wanted to see! So after I swallowed the vomit in my mouth and lifted up my sad slouched shoulders, I was able to discipline Stella. I believe there are a few things that you can honestly yell at your kids for:
#1: Running into the street . . . they need to be scared friends, and yelling is totally appropriate.
#2: Cutting their hair . . . not because they cut their hair, but because they had scissors so close to their face . . . yelling, once again . . . appropriate.
Those are the only things I can think of right now, although I'm sure I've yelled over smaller items.
I tried to fix the rest of her hair to even things up. She did pretty well on her bangs (although I REALLY hate the thought of her having bangs), but she cut a little sideburn on the right and underneath in back. It's a good thing I had her hair in a braid down her back . . . I can only imagine the damage that could have been done on a normal day when I don't fix her hair (do you like the red tights and pink fairy outfit?). She had a really hard time admitting that she cut her hair, but finally fessed up to Aunt Lindsay on the phone . . . and she will never, never cut her hair again . . . so she says.
I think you'll all really like how I keep making Stella cry. She mostly just likes to watch herself cry in the mirror.

13 comments:
wwwhhhhaaaaaaa.....oh I fart...wwhhaaaaa.....
Oh, man! I guess that if she had to cut her hair at least she cut it not too short. I cut my hair when I was little and my mom had to use clips in my hair to hold the stuble back. I am so glad that Terralyn has not done this, yet. Let's pray she never does.
I was hoping that she would have sculpted a nice femullet for herself and that future blogs would be about her new love of the Indigo Girls, vegetarianism, and Burkenstocks.
I know how you feel, remember the several times Dylan cut her hair. I cried. At least you didn't have a chunk missing from the side, and then have to cut most of it off. Been there, done that.
Was that a fart?!? I love how her little face changed from sad to surprise so quickly. When Aaron cut Alyssa's hair of the first time, I sobbed the whole day. Her hair was in a large ringlet to her waist and she ended up with a cute little pixie-bob. We had to hide the scissors for years, cause less than a year later, he did it again. You are taking it so well! She did a pretty good job, it could have been a lot worse.
sad....but funny- you have to admit :) You did a nice job of fixing it.
I like that you record all the tears. And what was that about Daddy poop-poo candy? You Stella is too cute!
Stella has got to be so confused. You tell her you are mad and then laugh! Is that to keep from crying?
Hey, I have plenty of hangups from my own childhood, but I never did something wrong and then got subjected to a videotaped interview that was then broadcast to the world.
Poor Stella may have issues...
I let Rachel watch Stella and Rachel now knows NOT to touch the scissors. We love Stella.
I'm still upset about the whole thing.
In answer to all of your questions . . . (or mostly just me commenting on your comments):
-I did this video tape because I thought it was funny . . . not that she cut her hair, but that in the several minutes before I was well enough to document this myself, Stella was just watching herself cry in the mirror. In past experience, she's totally over it by the time she starts doing that.
-"Poopy candy" means that if Stella eats too much candy she'll get diarreah . . . I don't know how this applies, but she was being interrogated and yes, was a little confused by my laughing and then disciplining almost simultaneously.
-As part of her punishment, I make her watch this every day.
-I'm afraid she was bound to have issues in this life Adam . . . after all, I am her mother.
Lee, Mark, and I watched this several times. It's not funny but it is hilarious! We had an incident like this with Brittany only Lee was babysitting and Andrew was wielding the scissors. Her hair was down to her little tushie and he clipped a giant chunk out of the middle of the back. I had to give her a chin length cut all around and I cried all through it!
Post a Comment