February 1 - I was still out of work and I think my temp agency was irritated with me for quitting twice. Hum. That night Natalie and I went to FHE. Elliot said that I could come to his house and print some of my resumés. I love him. Plus I was in his room, something I'm absolutely POSITIVE his family was freaking out about.
February 2 - Elliot invited us to go to a hockey game with him and a bunch of other people including Adam & Xan. In fact, we were all meeting at Xan's parents house to go with the group. I can't remember what team was playing, but it was my first hockey game and I got to sit by Elliot. I had never seen a professional sport play before (in real life), so hockey was super exciting, especially when they beat the crap out of each other.
February 3 - Natalie and I had signed up to go on splits with the Sister Missionaries, but waited in the parking lot of the church for a long time before we decided they weren't showing up. Apparently Natalie didn't give them the phone number to her giant car cell phone.
Elliot and I talked on the phone for over an hour tonight. I'm not as shy when I'm talking on the phone. HE FINALLY ASKED ME OUT! We'd been hanging out with each other for 2 weeks, but this would be our our official first date. It was set for Friday night.
February 4 - Natalie's friend from her mission (Dean) invited us to go to a fireside with him. I don't remember anything about the fireside, but Dean informed me that his chiropractor was looking for a new receptionist and gave me the number. Thank you Dean.
February 5 - Today was an excellent day. I called the chiropractor's office first thing in the morning . . . "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeemergency Chiropractic, this is Stephanie, may I help you?"
I set up an interview for that afternoon with Dr. Andreasen. The office was set up so that they could act like they were working while still trying to check me out in the lobby. It was a little uncomfortable, but I looked cute and I was confident (for once in my life).
Laxia (Chiropractic Assistant) called me back and took me to the tiny conference room and told me how much she liked Dean and how he was a great guy (she thought we were dating). Dr. Andreasen came in and suddenly we were best friends! He was so super nice that I didn't think he was for real. He asked me a few questions and I could tell that he liked me immediately. I'm surprised he didn't hug me on my way out.
Right when I got home, I received a phone call from an administrator (Celia) from Emergency Chiropractic to ask for a second interview on Monday.
I was so excited for my date with Elliot and the day had already been going really well. It was an enormous group date. We wedged ourselves into the back of Taylor Wiscombe's VW Bug (he took Lauren Walters), and we went to the church to play 3-Legged Kickball. This was fun not only because I was the 6th grade kickball champ, but because Elliot and I were tied together and had to hold on to each other for dear life so we wouldn't fall over! I liked being held onto and he was easy to hold.
After the sweaty kickball game, we went to Aaron Hale's family home to watch a movie (Hook) in their theater room. I'd never heard of someone having a theater room, so this was super cool. Only downfall is that they didn't have furniture and there were so many people. Elliot and I found a place on the floor and started to watch the movie. He looked totally uncomfortable crossing his legs, so I told him he could lay his head on my leg.
To give a short background on my past dating experiences, . . . there weren't any.
Well, unless you count that dork, but I don't, so every nerve in my body was at full attention with Elliot so close to me. Thank goodness for an inexperienced heart and lack of muscle, because there was not really anything else stopping me from grabbing him and making him mine. After my legs fell asleep, he switched me places and for a moment, even played with my hair (HELLO! I'd only heard of guys playing with hair, and for that brief second, I was in heaven! You would never guess that I was 21-years-old.).
I'm not certain that I paid much attention to the movie because I was a little nervous and yet excited about the near-cuddle we were working on. I wanted to be hyper-aware of every move he made . . . if he was going to make one. He didn't. Hand placement wasn't quite obvious enough for the quick brush with my hand, plus I didn't want to be inventing an interest from him that might not have been there. I was determined to let him make the first move. The date ended with a big smiley face in my planner, an invite to the Renaissance Festival the next morning, and an invite to a hockey game that night. No hug, but a big smiley face.
February 2 - Elliot invited us to go to a hockey game with him and a bunch of other people including Adam & Xan. In fact, we were all meeting at Xan's parents house to go with the group. I can't remember what team was playing, but it was my first hockey game and I got to sit by Elliot. I had never seen a professional sport play before (in real life), so hockey was super exciting, especially when they beat the crap out of each other.
February 3 - Natalie and I had signed up to go on splits with the Sister Missionaries, but waited in the parking lot of the church for a long time before we decided they weren't showing up. Apparently Natalie didn't give them the phone number to her giant car cell phone.
Elliot and I talked on the phone for over an hour tonight. I'm not as shy when I'm talking on the phone. HE FINALLY ASKED ME OUT! We'd been hanging out with each other for 2 weeks, but this would be our our official first date. It was set for Friday night.
February 4 - Natalie's friend from her mission (Dean) invited us to go to a fireside with him. I don't remember anything about the fireside, but Dean informed me that his chiropractor was looking for a new receptionist and gave me the number. Thank you Dean.
February 5 - Today was an excellent day. I called the chiropractor's office first thing in the morning . . . "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeemergency Chiropractic, this is Stephanie, may I help you?"
I set up an interview for that afternoon with Dr. Andreasen. The office was set up so that they could act like they were working while still trying to check me out in the lobby. It was a little uncomfortable, but I looked cute and I was confident (for once in my life).
Laxia (Chiropractic Assistant) called me back and took me to the tiny conference room and told me how much she liked Dean and how he was a great guy (she thought we were dating). Dr. Andreasen came in and suddenly we were best friends! He was so super nice that I didn't think he was for real. He asked me a few questions and I could tell that he liked me immediately. I'm surprised he didn't hug me on my way out.
Right when I got home, I received a phone call from an administrator (Celia) from Emergency Chiropractic to ask for a second interview on Monday.
I was so excited for my date with Elliot and the day had already been going really well. It was an enormous group date. We wedged ourselves into the back of Taylor Wiscombe's VW Bug (he took Lauren Walters), and we went to the church to play 3-Legged Kickball. This was fun not only because I was the 6th grade kickball champ, but because Elliot and I were tied together and had to hold on to each other for dear life so we wouldn't fall over! I liked being held onto and he was easy to hold.
After the sweaty kickball game, we went to Aaron Hale's family home to watch a movie (Hook) in their theater room. I'd never heard of someone having a theater room, so this was super cool. Only downfall is that they didn't have furniture and there were so many people. Elliot and I found a place on the floor and started to watch the movie. He looked totally uncomfortable crossing his legs, so I told him he could lay his head on my leg.
To give a short background on my past dating experiences, . . . there weren't any.
Well, unless you count that dork, but I don't, so every nerve in my body was at full attention with Elliot so close to me. Thank goodness for an inexperienced heart and lack of muscle, because there was not really anything else stopping me from grabbing him and making him mine. After my legs fell asleep, he switched me places and for a moment, even played with my hair (HELLO! I'd only heard of guys playing with hair, and for that brief second, I was in heaven! You would never guess that I was 21-years-old.).
I'm not certain that I paid much attention to the movie because I was a little nervous and yet excited about the near-cuddle we were working on. I wanted to be hyper-aware of every move he made . . . if he was going to make one. He didn't. Hand placement wasn't quite obvious enough for the quick brush with my hand, plus I didn't want to be inventing an interest from him that might not have been there. I was determined to let him make the first move. The date ended with a big smiley face in my planner, an invite to the Renaissance Festival the next morning, and an invite to a hockey game that night. No hug, but a big smiley face.
3 comments:
That "hair" thing will get you everytime.
Oh my goodness, I'm giddy (GIDDY, I tell you!) with anticipation of the next installment. I so love these 10 Years Ago stories...
NOW we are getting somewhere! LOL Can't wait to get more juicy details! ;)
Post a Comment