(originally posted 07/23/2009)
January 30 - I went to the Grove Parkway church building to hear Shari Dew speak. It was nice and I was actually hoping to see Elliot's mom there so I could sit with her. I liked her. I really liked her son.
January 31 - Super Bowl Sunday Elliot invited Natalie and I over to have dinner with his family. We started calling Elliot's mom "Mother Dibble." It stuck. Natalie started calling Elliot's dad "Ka-Bish." That one didn't stick so much. I was still trying to avoid him because I was embarrassed about the last interview.
We also met Elliot brother Adam and his wife Xan. They had just announced that they were expecting their first child at the end of July.
Bishop Dibble asked for another interview with Natalie and I separately while we were at his home. He gave me a calling to be on the Homemaking Committee. When I went back out to sit with Elliot on the couch, he asked me what my new calling was. So I told him.
When Natalie got out of her interview, Elliot asked her what her new calling was to which she responded, "I guess you'll find out on Sunday."
Just then Bishop Dibble came in as Elliot said, "Come on, tell me. Whitney told me what her new calling was."
Bishop Dibble's response . . . "That's because Whitney doesn't have an understanding of how these things work."
Holy crap. He hates me. I'll never date his son.
OK, I still like him. He gets hiccups when he laughs really hard. We couldn't stop laughing after we saw this Super Bowl commercial for Fox Catcher Cam:
2 comments:
Love your story! I haven't been commenting lately..but just so you know I am a faithful reader!
I know this isn't my story...but since you are talking about this day I just want to add that January31, 1999 was the day Benson and I got engaged...if you were wondering. It was Super Bowl Sunday and a blue moon that night!
I love your stories.
Post a Comment