Well that went fast. Anybody? Anybody? Malcolm is so great. Seriously, this little boy brings us happiness that we didn't know was missing!

At Malcolm's 6-month doctor visit, he weighed 21 pounds 11.5 ounces (97%), was 28.25 inches long (97%), and his head was 18.25 inches around (97%) . . . he might be the size of a 1-year-old, but he's proportionate.
Thanks to Stella's pterodactyl screeching, Malcolm found his voice this month. He loves screaming.

Malcolm likes to play the piano with whomever is at the piano. He'll even play himself if you sit him up.

I think Malcolm is going to be one of those kids that no one will believe me when I say he's super happy. He's just so serious and skeptical of everyone he sees outside of our home that he's straight-faced no matter the great lengths you go to to make him smile. Believe me, he's having the time of his life.
We finally put Malcolm in his crib in Stella's room.
Malcolm started sleeping through the night the day I stopped nursing him (boo).

Malcolm pees out of his diaper almost every single time. As proof that every child is different, he was in size 1 diapers for about 2 weeks, moved on to size 2 (which Stella never wore), and the second I bought a giant box of size 3 from Costco (which Stella was in until she was 1-year-old), he started peeing out of them. So now he's in size 4.
Malcolm likes to scream at his toys.

Malcolm wore his new suit to church and looked so handsome. His neck was too fat to button the top button, but we clipped the tie on anyway.

Malcolm went on his first hike with the family and he slept through the entire thing.
Malcolm is doing better sitting up, but still falls over after a few minutes.

Malcolm likes to bounce on the trampoline (in his tiny jammies).
Malcolm hasn't quite figured out that he needs to roll over from his back to tummy. He'll just lay there for a long time and either not move or arch his back to get his toys. No rolling so far.
Malcolm has always been a tummy-sleeper (gasp!) and he's so pleased with himself when he wakes up and rolls to his back. He doesn't even cry, he just talks to himself until I come get him . . . or until Stella "checks" on him.

Malcolm gets super excited when he sees his bottle. We always get a good laugh when he shoves it in his face. Sometimes he misses his mouth and it gets all over his face.
Malcolm has assassin speed. You can be googling at him in his face and then all of the sudden he'll have a hold of your eyeball or lips with his dagger-like fingernails.
To avoid family injury, Malcolm's fingernails need to be trimmed at least every 2 weeks.
2 comments:
I'm Natalie and Ian's cousin. The homemade baby food book you just ordered is AMAZING!!! My son, Mason 8 months, loves all the food I have made from there. And it is the only homemade baby food book I have used. Everything is super easy to make and I love how everything is organized by months! Good luck and Malcolm and Stella are super cute!
6 months and 21 pounds! Mercy! You are right though, he looks very proportioned, and cute. Dallin is about 25 pounds at 18 months, so Malcolm is not too far off! I love that chin action. Who needs their top button buttoned anyways?
Post a Comment