Tuesday, March 06, 2012

1999 - E-mail & Nosey's Sister

(originally posted 09/03/2009)

February 16 - Sometime in the first weeks of living in Arizona, Natalie's old friend sent us a laptop so we could have access to e-mail. Elliot and I had started emailing each other on top of the long phone conversations, as well as seeing each other as often as possible. In getting to know Elliot's sister Beth, we found that she was a lover of quoting movies. This turned into a guessing game of movie quotes whenever we were with Elliot's family as well as through e-mail almost every day. I think it just gave us an excuse to contact each other at any moment during the day. It's a good thing my job had a 2-hour lunch break which allowed time for the dial-up to connect to check my emails during lunch.

At Family Home Evening last night, Elliot challenged me on a movie quote and I told him that if I got it right that he had to take me to lunch someday. I was confident in my answer and Elliot assured me that I got it right (although I can't remember what it was right now, I, in fact, got it wrong). We planned our lunch for Friday afternoon because Elliot's class at Mesa Community College (MCC) ended at 12 and I had a 2-hour lunch break.

February 17 - I couldn't go to the cannery assignment that I'd signed up for because working at the Chiropractor's office kept me at work until 6:00, sometimes later. This was OK though because it gave Elliot the chance to have another conversation with someone in which he was able to confess his feelings for me. Apparently the nosey person in our ward and his sister have family counsels discussing the state of relationships in the Butte's ward, and Elliot and Whitney were on their agenda.

I also missed Elliot's church basketball game because of the late work schedule, but we remedied that by talking on the phone for another hour and a half. The topics of our conversation evade me right now, but we found plenty to discuss and laugh about and I was definitely enjoying the attention and was completely unwilling to end the call.

February 18 - Elliot and Folsom took Natalie and I to see the Mesa Temple. It was beautiful and I'd never seen a temple without an Angel Moroni. I enjoyed walking around the grounds with Elliot, but my mind couldn't help but look forward to our time alone the next day at our lunch date.

(If it seems like it's taking an eternity for me to tell the story about Elliot finally making his move, can you even imagine how long it seemed to me when it was happening?)

No comments: