Saturday, December 31, 2011

Malcolm is 4 months old!

Wow! I can't believe he's already 4 months old and well on his way to 5! I took him to the doctor and he weighs 17 pounds 1/2 ounce (85%) and he's 25 1/2 inches long (70%) and his head is 17 1/2 inches (80%).

Malcolm loves his blankie.

Malcolm is so great and makes all of us laugh. You may not believe me because when you see him he's glaring/crying/concerned/perplexed/serious face. He smiles a lot actually . . . for me at least.

Good news though, he loves his Daddy! I knew if that guy would just hang around for a little while that Malcolm would get used to him. Malcolm still prefers me and will look at me wherever I am, but he loves Daddy-O!

Malcolm still loves Stella and saves his biggest smiles for when he sees her.

Malcolm always pulls Stella's hair. I'm surprised she's not bald.

Malcolm has definitely found his voice this month. He yells at his toys and yells at me sometimes too.

Malcolm likes to look at himself in the mirror. Though, he might be smiling because there is 2 of me in the room now.

Malcolm had lots of babysitters this month because I was busy taking people's pictures, so he's getting a lot better with others. He seems more calm when there are other little kids around to distract him from the fact that I'm no longer holding him.

Malcolm loves his bathtime and splashes the water with his hands and feet, though I still don't think he knows his hands and feet belong to him yet.

Malcolm grabs his toys now and tries to shove them in his mouth. His hands have made it into his mouth too. When he decides he's done eating, he'll shove his fist in his mouth. He's trying really hard to get the whole thing in there.

Malcolm slept for 13 hours twice the week before Christmas. I thought we were starting a new trend, but not so. Total fluke, but a much needed fluke for me to be able to work during those sleeping hours.

Malcolm drools so much. His shirts are constantly wet. Speaking of clothes, he's grown out of everything! I just put away the rest of his 3-month clothes and most of his 6-month clothes. He's wearing 6-month jammies, 9-12 month clothes. Elliot was making fun of all of his muscle shirts I kept putting him in.

Malcolm is still sleeping in our room which we are going to change in the next month. He still wakes up every 2-3 hours which is why I hesitate to move him into Stella's room. I think he'd fall back asleep if I just left him alone, but I think I get him right away because I don't want him to wake up Elliot. I don't think I want him to wake up Stella either, but I think she'll get used to it faster than Elliot would. So basically we're all just really tired over here.

Malcolm eats so much. He's never satisfied. He'll suck down a 4-6 ounce bottle after I've already fed him. I might be stubborn, but I'm holding out until at least 6 months to stop nursing. Little stinker. It is cute to see him get excited and grab for the bottle though.

Malcolm's eyes are still so blue that I'm almost certain they'll stay blue!

Malcolm needs a hair cut. He has a serious mullet going on.

Malcolm laughs, but not very much. The boy is a hard one to crack. He grunts and tenses up when I tickle him, and if there is a laugh, it's a short one.

Malcolm's doctor asked if he was rolling over yet and I realized that I never put him down. We'll be working on more floor time in the next month.

I also decided that the reason 2nd children don't get as many pictures taken of them as the 1st child did is because you have to protect said 2nd child from said 1st child. Stella thinks Malcolm should be older.

Hooray! Malcolm has done several trips in his carseat this month without screaming! This is good news for the safety of our family.

Malcolm has a great double chin. He is very kissable. So my lips are pretty much hooked to his face all day. Love this guy!

2 comments:

DibWoman said...

Love that boy! He'll get use to me. I'll be patient. Such blue eyes! Love the whole fam!

Pianamama said...

He looks so sweet and chubaliscious! I have to laugh about your car trips - all my kids were like that too and I would be so tense whenever I had to go anywhere!! Thank goodness they grow out of it.