Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Happy #89 Birthday to my Grandpa Anderson! We always got to share our birthdays because they are so close. What I love and remember most about Grandpa is his contagious laugh! Before he lost a bunch of weight many years ago, he looked like such a jolly old man . . . always smiling and a laugh to go with it. I would always get so excited to see him usually during harvest season when I got to act like I was helping with the onions, but I was really just playing in the back of the truck. I can’t really explain it, but it was just exciting to see him. It was a great adventure to go visit Grandma and Grandpa at their house, looking through all of their old things and playing in the basement. Grandpa was well known for his light spankings on birthdays . . . and for some reason I think they had to stop early with me because I blossomed faster than everyone else.

I had the great opportunity last year to spend several days with Grandpa getting his life history. He is so shy and modest. I could tell that he was holding back as he told me stories about himself. I still have the pictures that he said I could borrow for a little while (sorry Grandpa, I’ll send them back soon), and I love looking through them and seeing Grandpa as a young man and a young father. I love Grandpa! Happy Birthday!

No comments: