Saturday, October 06, 2007

Happy #30 Birthday Elliot!

30 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT ELLIOT! Happy Birthday Sweetie!

1. I love how excited Elliot gets about certain movies.
2. I love how Elliot eats his whole bag of popcorn at the theater before the movie even starts.
3. I love the position Elliot sleeps in.
4. I love the voices Elliot uses when he reads to Stella.
5. I love how hard Elliot can laugh when he is deliriously tired!
6. I love the new (more accurate) words Elliot makes up to Disney songs.
7. I love how Elliot gets the hiccups when he laughs too hard.
8. I (sort of) love Elliot’s fruitless recovery attempts when he falls asleep while listening to me talk.
9. I love it when Elliot does his karate chop kick unexpectedly.
10. I love that Elliot learned how to iron his own clothes.
11. I love how Elliot can fall asleep in the middle of the song he’s singing to Stella as he’s trying to put her to sleep.
12. I love it when Elliot speaks Spanish . . . and occasionally translates everything I say to Stella as if she understood only Spanish.
13. I love how Elliot purposely sings monotone when I’m trying to sing to Stella . . . it’s extremely difficult to sing on tune when he does that!
14. I love how Elliot needs the toilet paper to come off of the top of the roll. My bathroom time has improved dramatically since he taught me how to install a new roll of toilet paper correctly.
15. I love Elliot’s extra commentary when he’s reading books to Stella (i.e. pointing out inaccuracies in machinery or airplanes, or simply making fun of the story in general).
16. I used to hate it, but now it’s sort of endearing that Elliot needs to announce it to me every time he’s ready to go (which is usually WAY before I’m ready).
17. I love how thoughtful Elliot is and how eloquent he is in his letters and notes.
18. I love it that Elliot likes to sing at the piano and really wants to learn the different parts to the hymns.
19. I love Elliot’s feet and his legs . . . and his chest and back and his arms and hands and those brown eyes on his beautiful head . . . and the rest of the connection from top to bottom.
20. Elliot always wants me to wake up with him in the morning, but I am usually too tired or lazy. But on those rare mornings when I actually do wake up, I love to see how much he really loves to see me in the morning no matter what I look like or how bad my breath stinks.
21. I love it when Elliot makes himself laugh (i.e. online dictionary pronunciation). That’s usually when the hiccups come.
22. I don’t really like it when other people do it, but I love Elliot’s perfectly-timed shock-value comments.
23. I love knowing that Elliot misses me.
24. I love Elliot's identification and description of the exact sound your fart made (i.e. a stick rubbing down a corrugated wash board).
25. I love it that Elliot is so organized.
26. I love it that Elliot is not afraid to be sensitive.
27. I love how Elliot knew what “our song” was before I did.
28. I love that Elliot loves to go to the temple.
29. I love it that I’m married to the smartest man alive!
30. I love that Elliot tries so hard all year to act like he doesn’t care about his birthday and then the week before it all happens, he asks every day “what did you get me?”

8 comments:

THE BANGARTS said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIOT!!! I love the video of Stella trying to get his attention! Cute pictures!

CJ said...

Wow, 30 huh? Happy Birthday! Whitney you are brave to share all of those insights into your husband. I'm not sure I can look at him the same now. Such a departure from the suited up Sunday personna. HEHE

The Earls said...

Happy Birthday Elliot! I loved the pictures, especially the ones where Elliot and Stella interact. Fun!

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday! Yes, Whitney, you can add me to your "family and friends" list. We sure miss you!

Shellee said...

OH! How funny~ Happy birthday Bishop Elliot!!! It so cute to see how much Elliot and Stella act together. He's only 30?

Julie and Todd said...

After that did you even have to get him a present or did he love you so much that you were off the hook? I read all 30--I couldn't stop. And the video was fantastic. What a good wife-ee.

And, to answer your question, yes. Shock of the universe. Best surprise of the century. We weren't insane enough to plan it that way, but are thrilled nonetheless.

Whitney said...

He did get other presents. I was sick around his birthday and even though I'd been working on that list for several months, of course I didn't post it exactly on his birthday . . . he had to wait. We celebrate birthday months anyway.

Congrats!

Mark said...

Hey, that is a great video, I really have to say that you have it all buddy. You are soo lucky. Elder Duvall.