Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Days of the Week

Each month in preschool Stella has about 5-6 tasks she needs to complete, color, and I need to sign. From the beginning, all of the tasks were so easy that she either already knew them or learned them very quickly (things like doing a somersault, drawing a stick figure, spelling your name, etc). That is until December came upon us. She needed to learn the days of the week. Simple enough, right . . . Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday . . . so I thought. She's already learned a million poems for preschool, 7 measly days shouldn't be too hard.

So we started working on it. We worked on it all of December. Darn that Thursday and Sunday . . . she just could not remember those days! January came around and still, she could not get it! I think I'm a fairly calm person, but this was frustrating me! Plus, Stella started goofing around every time we started working on it. She had already finished January's tasks before I could sign off on December and I wasn't going to let February get away from me.

I started asking people if there was a song that went along with the days of the week. A few people sang some for me, but I couldn't remember the tunes (maybe I'm the slow one). I started asking my mother-in-law if she knew a song and Stella came around the corner and busted out with this:



Now I feel like a total moron. She's known them THE ENTIRE TIME! I was the one messing her up starting on Monday instead of Sunday. Try to sing the song starting on Monday . . . it doesn't work! (the tune is Oh My Darlin')

3 comments:

Melissa M. said...

That's funny, when I was reading this post, I thought, why are you starting with Monday? That's only because Sam taught me the order a few years ago. I think it's a conspiracy started long ago to not call Sunday the 7th day of the week...those crazy atheists.

Carebear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carebear said...

So cute! On that same note - Alana learned her months by doing the Macarena. Hilarious!