Thursday, February 26, 2009

Relief Society

This picture CRACKS ME UP! I found it in a giant Relief Society history book and I just giggle every time I think about it.

"Let me gaze at your newborn babe while I impress you with the smell of my delicious casserole and freshly baked banana bread and handmade diapers."

I'm a crappy Visiting Teacher. Tomorrow is the last day of the month. I don't think February should count. There aren't enough days to completely fail at visiting teaching, right? Our ward just had a Visiting Teaching convention activity this month and I was asked to be part of a skit that portrayed bad visiting teachers and good visiting teachers. I was a bad visiting teacher. Maybe that was a hint.

I am committing RIGHT NOW on this, the second to the last day of this month to be a GREAT visiting teacher and an even better friend henceforth and forevermore!

10 comments:

Malori and Jon Saline said...

I am guilty of being a bad visiting teacher too! I make a lot of excuses.
You did a great job on the skit - you cracked me up!!
If you don't mind, I will commit with you!
You are awesome!!

Myra said...

This has nothing to do with your post (which I love that you put a picture of me doing my visiting teaching on your blog!)...last week at the Children's Museum there was a clone of Elliot. They seemed to be following us around and he would appear in my peripheral vision and I would look up to say, Hello Elliot, but it wasn't him. Just the clone. How odd.

Missy said...

Love the vintage RS picture. I'm sure it wasn't staged at all... You guys did a great job on your skit, it was hilariously funny and accurate at the same time. I think as long as you get your VT done within the month it's all good, right? Better late then never.

lisa said...

You crack me up! I have to admit that it really helps to have an overachiever for a partner. That way I'm sure to get it done, otherwise. . .who knows. :)

The Robinsons said...

OH please! You are the best visiting teacher EVER! I love this picture! One of the ladies might be my grandma! Seriously her old pics look just like the one with the diapers! When are you coming to visit again...

Amber said...

Whitney you are so funny! You are seriously the best home teacher ever! Not to mention the yummy bread you make for the ladies!

Shellee said...

I am a bad Visiting Teacher too. I attempt, but end up leaving notes on everyone's front doors because they are NEVER home. (In my defense, they really are hard to get a hold of.)


When my health issues started, Curt asked why none of my Visiting Teachers or Relief Society was helping, and I though of this exact picture. My mom used it in a lesson not too long ago.
My response to Curt was that it sometimes takes more energy and courage for us to let others know that we need help, than it does for others to help.

Thanks for the reminder.

Natalie Service said...

You really shouldn't set such lofty goals.

Jim and Brooke said...

Whitney! You shouldn't say such things! You are an amazing friend, who is always, ALWAYS there in need! I mean it always!!!!
Thanks for being there for me, when I have needed you!

We all struggle with VT. I feel silly getting up there and telling everyone to do it, when I am not perfect myself. You are great in everything you do!!
P.S. You did a perfect job on your skit! Thanks for doing it!

Kyle said...

Oh, this isn't realistic? I'm always doing stuff like this for the girls I visit teach...