
It’s my birthday! Happy Birthday to Me! I’m 29 years old now and for the most part haven’t ever thought about getting older until I was talking to my friend about wrinkles and realized that I’m just going to get older. I can’t stop it. I think back to when I was younger (I’m still young, just younger) and how badly I couldn’t wait to be in the time of life that I’m in at this very moment. I have a gorgeous husband, beautiful child (I planned for several children, but who’s counting?), home, temple sealing and current recommend, church calling, craft room, all 9 seasons of Little House on the Prairie, . . . and so much more.
Whitney (a few weeks old in 1977)Each year I realize a little bit more how much Heavenly Father loves me. If I may compliment myself for a second, I was cleaning/organizing my craft room a while ago, which means that I was sitting on the floor spreading out and reading every old letter I ever received and paper I ever wrote and kept over the last 20 years. In the last 10 years since my high school graduation, I never realized how many friends I have made and how much they actually liked me! I had a little ego boost as I was reading those letters and felt so grateful that even though I hardly keep in contact with any of them, that I still consider them friends and I’m so grateful they are a part of my life. Of course I don't have any pictures of said friends on my computer . . . so you'll just have to believe me that I have them.
Emily, Whitney, Donya (in 2004 we were all pregnant)The same thing goes for all of the friends I’ve met in the last several years since I got married whether I have a picture of them or not. I know that those of you who have visited (or have seen pictures) of our house know that we live in an area that isn’t exactly "well-off". But I can tell you whole-heartedly that the area has been extremely good to us when it comes to great friends. We have enjoyed so many people right here in our ward. I just think of the countless blessings we’ve received since we asked Heavenly Father over 7 years ago to help us find a home.
Whitney (age 3 in 1980)I’m really looking forward to my 30th year and some changes that I’m going to make in my life (similar to the changes I wanted to make in my 29th year, but I’ll actually do them this time). Happy Birthday to ME!
4 comments:
Let's not forget to mention that you have a fabulous sister!! I' mean, how much more of a blessing could there be than that?! Happy Birthday! I'm glad I got to spend it with you!
Happy Birthday Whitney! I enjoyed reading your post. (and sshh..don't tell anyone, I keep a file of thank you letters and such from friends over the years to read over and over..such an ego boost!)
So, the question is- will you be '29' again next year?
I've never really been concerned with my age, even though everyone that we hang out with in our ward thinks we're old because they are between the ages of 20 and 23. I think I'll claim 30 next year. It seems like a respectable age.
Who are you kidding? 30 SUCKS!
...and so does 32!
Post a Comment