Monday, October 20, 2008

Other Things

I had my sewing machine out for over a week just doing random projects that have been sitting in my office for years. I did several hooded towels and even added cute ribbon to spice it up.

About 8 years ago (yes 8) I started making this little quilt for Elliot (it's obviously a baby blanket . . . wishful thinking). I got as far as basting the fabric and guts together, but got no further. This is one of Elliot's favorite things to tease me about . . . all of the gifts that I give him that are unfinished that I promise I'll finish shortly. So I decided that I would finish it before Elliot got back from his business trip last week! I am quickly narrowing down the list of things Elliot can tease me about.

Have I mentioned how I despise political signs posted at every corner on this green earth? OK, I know I have one in my front yard, but that's an important one. Second on the list is all of the political crap I get in the mail. Seriously, David Schweikert . . . you are so wasteful!

Fine, fine, fine, so I get some extra crap in the mail . . . but PLEASE DO NOT PUT IT ON MY DOOR AS WELL!! Leave me alone! I was sort of napping yesterday afternoon when I was startled awake by the banging on my front door. By the time I gathered myself from my rude awakening, the person had left. Also left 3 more political crap flyers on my door.

I have story about that front door. It's actually on the side of our house, so when people use it, we assume that they are solicitors and we hardly answer it. Our friends come through the carport door. One random night probably 2-3 years ago, Elliot and I uncharacteristically went to bed early (around 9:30). Shortly after we had started dozing off, there was an extremely startling banging on that front door (which I swear has speakers in it to make it louder). Elliot is not exactly calm when he's been awakened. Before he opened the door, he started yelling at it and then opened the door and started yelling outside. There was no one there, but there was a plate of cookies and a paper with a ghost on it. A little Halloween fun.

The next morning while I was on my walk with my good friend Brooke, I told her an embellished story about the happenings of the night before. After 3 seconds, she sort of scrunched up her cute little face and said, "It was me!" She cannot tell a lie.

3 comments:

Myra said...

Holy cow that quilt is too too cute. I love it. Glad you finished it. I am working on the 12 capes as we speak...well, I am trying to (kids keep interrupting me).

Melissa M. said...

Nice job on finishing projects. I would have given up for good after a year, way to stick with it!
I like your quilt and your bows.

Jim and Brooke said...

Wow, I still feel bad about giving you guys such a big scare. It was a silly thing to do. All in ding dong ditch fun, right! :0)
Love ya!
Brooke