Wednesday, February 15, 2012

1999 - January 11-16

(originally posted 03/16/2009)

January 11 - Natalie started working at Pinacore, so I went shopping again. I was really enjoying this new-found world of dollar stores.

We remembered the announcement that FHE would be at the building Natalie and I had first gone to church before heading over to the Single's Ward. We were confident that we would be able to find it again, remembering that it was on Knox. Crap! Knox isn't a through street, but there is a road called Knox on almost every other road! We were tired of getting lost.

We finally found the building on Rural and Knox and made it to the last 10-15 minutes of FHE. This was fine because they were making cardboard box cars to use for the next weeks activity of watching a movie. Not interested in making a car. Apparently the handsome young man I'd met the day before wasn't interested in making one either. Elliot was sitting on the stage next to a few girls. My eyes found him immediately. He, for some reason, was wearing a snow cap, but he sure looked good in it. He hopped off the stage when he saw us and quickly made his way over to us.

ELLIOT: "Wendy, right?"
WHITNEY: "WHITTTTTT-NEEEEEEEY!!!! Good grief."

January 12 - I went shopping again. I was worried that my stellar skills when tested at my Temp Agency were too much for them to find me a silly job, but they finally called and set me up to work the next day.

January 13 - I started working at Ikon Office Supplies. I was shoved in a back room with 2 gossiping co-workers. I don't remember exactly what all my tasks were, but it was repetitious and so extremely boring. I even fell asleep a few times. I had to count the different office supplies that employees ordered or something, to make sure they were being honest. So inhumanely boring.

Aunt Lora's father had passed away on Sunday. So Natalie and I volunteered to babysit the grandkids during the viewing that night.

January 14 & 15 - I worked. Listened to the ladies gossip. Fell asleep.

January 16 - My friends Debbie Towne and Alyssa Meryhew came over to visit us! Our first visitors! I remember calling my old roommate Jeralyn (Beck) Merwin at 9:00 in the evening and woke her up! I was shocked that she and her husband were already in bed so early! Married people.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I still find that humorous that he couldn't get your name right. I'm sure he hasn't heard that last of that one:)

Laurie said...

Oooh, another "ten years gone" update. I do love this story. Keep 'em coming, Whitney! (And I'm with Missy up there. I think it's pretty darn funny that he couldn't get your name right. Do you think this means that I need to start giving dudes who call me "Lori" a chance?)

Carebear said...

I LOVE this idea - and I'm totally going to copy it - I just have to find an old computer to open my journal which is on a FLOPPY disk! So, maybe I'll copy you for our 15 year?