Saturday, February 25, 2012

1999 - Trouble & Other Stuff

(originally posted 07/23/2009)

January 25 - As suggested by Mike and Elliot, I quit working at Ikon Office Solutions. The gossiping coworker ladies seemed genuinely shocked and a little upset especially since they had just ordered me my own stapler.

Natalie and I attended Family Home Evening at the church near Elliot's home. We played Human Checkers.

January 26 - I started working at a place called Deutche. I, for the life of me, could not pronounce it. This is especially difficult when you're supposed to be answering the phone. I hated it at this place too. There was a greasy fat man that kept staring at me.

Natalie and I couldn't stop talking about how much fun we had with Mike and Elliot. So we called both of them and invited them over to make cookies. But we told them they couldn't come unless Elliot brought his little sister Bethany. Elliot helped me (sort of watched) as I made the cookies and while they baked, we played TROUBLE. You haven't played Trouble until you've played ANDERSON TROUBLE. There's no waiting for turns when we play. It can also be quite dangerous for others when you haven't clipped your fingernails.

The Dibbles and the Andersons apparently make cookies a little different. Andersons prefer the cookie to be a little more on the "not done" side, Dibbles, other other hand, go to the extreme of "golden brown" (in my opinion). When I pulled the cookies out of the oven, and this isn't funny unless you witnessed it, Elliot exclaimed, "THEY'RE DOUGH!" We had another totally fun night with Mike and Elliot and I was super excited to be able to meet his sister Beth.

January 27 - I quit Deutche at the end of the day. Couldn't stand that fat man's eyes burning into my back. And I still couldn't pronounce Deutche.

Natalie and I tested out the "marriage" class at institute. It was totally awkward. Never going there again.

January 28 - I didn't have work, so I'm sure I went shopping. I also got the oil changed in my car. When entering my information into their computer, the oil guy asked if he could keep my phone number. Now, you must all understand that in the short month that I'd lived in Arizona I had been hit on more times than I EVER had in my life . . . and I spent 2 years at Ricks College where the majority of the population wants to get married (no one paid attention to me there). So I totally turned that guy down and hoped that he didn't tamper with my brakes.

I was excited. The next night I was going to "hang out" with Elliot.

2 comments:

Myra said...

I don't understand how anyone can like "golden brown" cookies (sorry, Elliot, I just don't). Don't the cookies get hard? When they're still gooey when they come out of the oven, the cool perfectly. Next time I overcook my cookies, I won't force my kids to eat them, I'll just send them Elliot's way.

Alecia said...

SPEED TROUBLE!!!! I remember I first played that after Kayla's high school Graduation! Good times!