Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our New (to us) Piano!

We didn't tell Stella that we bought a piano, but told her that a surprise was going to be delivered that day (12/30/11).

Stella started piano lessons on January 10th with Cathy Shepherd (2012 Mother of the Year) and she's already doing so great! She is in a hurry for some reason and wants to learn faster than she's supposed to. She gets a little frustrated that she can't play both hands together right at the beginning of learning a new song, but she's learning about the benefit of practice. She is clipping right along and can play Cuckoo with both hands! Miss Cathy said that she's teaching the Suzuki Shepherd Stella Dibble Method . . . I love her already.

By the way, I'm my Mom. Whenever she plays a wrong note, I sing the right note from the kitchen.

2 comments:

Marci said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Annie said...

YAY!! I can't wait till we get a piano! Let us know when the first recital is!