Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Baby Girl

Sunday, January 8th was our Fast Sunday at church. As we were sitting in sacrament meeting when the testimonies started, Stella leaned over and told me to go bear my testimony. As evidence of where Stella gets some of her sass, I said, "No, you go up." And then I turned back to listening to the ward members. A couple of minutes later I looked over at Stella and noticed that she was writing something. It was her testimony. She was really going to go up!

A long time ago we had a Family Home Evening about bearing our testimonies and Elliot even fashioned a microphone out of Stella's toys and a light apparatus so we could practice. It turned out not being a very effective lesson because Stella just turned into a valley girl in front of the microphone and it became comedy hour. We said that she'll know she's ready to bear her testimony when she can do it all by herself. We hadn't practiced since.

So Stella asked if she could go up and bear her testimony. I reminded her that she had to go by herself and she was totally ok with that. When she go up to the stand to sit with Daddy for a second, she caused a bit of a ruckus because Elliot didn't know what was going on. But after he found out, you could see the skeptical look on his face as to how this was all going to turn out.

She did so well. We obviously need a little work on what is and is not a testimony, but I was so proud of her. She was embarrassed after she was done, but I just gave her big hug and told her how happy Heavenly Father was too.

No comments: