Elliot took me home from the hospital with the PICC line on Friday, May 29, 2009 just in time to have missed ALL family functions, including this very, very important one for my niece Kayla:
The Home Health nurse came to change the bandage on my PICC line on Saturday. I told her that I was allergic to the plastic tape and she just said, "Oh" and put the plastic tape on my arm. Grrr.We had an exciting weekend following my return home when early, early Sunday morning Stella woke up. I was putting her back to bed (at 3:00 a.m.) when there was the loudest banging on our front window and someone yelling for help.
Now that we all know how loud my vomit/screaming is, let me try to describe the window/long hallway sound. We have a crappy front window. If someone outside closes their car door, it sounds like it's right in the middle of our living room as our window rattles. Also, our hallway is like a bowling alley and amplifies everything!
So that combo at 3:00 in the morning was actually quite entertaining as Elliot jumped out of bed (he's not a good waker-upper) and starts yelling at the door (the banger had moved over to the front door . . . which is actually on the side of the house). Elliot, in his blindness, saw someone crouching outside the door through the peep-hole. There was no way I was letting him open the door, so he called 911. There was no more banging and whoever it was left. The cops came, found a baseball cap with blood in it and told us to go back to bed. So we did. Well, Stella and I did. Elliot's heart was beating out of his chest and I'm sure his mind was racing too. The banging he heard sounded like it came from our roof. It's very, very loud. New windows have been ordered (not really, but soon).
Church was entertaining and exhausting as quite a few people just thought we were on vacation and didn't know I was sick and in the hospital. Plus, I covered the PICC line with this wrap thing the nurse gave me. It made the whole thing look worse than it was. I felt so much better that it was weird to answer all of the questions. Thanks to my best friend Emily for taking Stella home for me so I could take a nappy.
Monday afternoon my sister Marci came into town to take care of us! May I just mention that someone told her that my kidneys were shutting down (not true, never even mentioned once by a doctor . . . or even checked for that matter), so she pretty much thought I was dying. I was still weak and recoving when she came, but the 2 weeks she was here was actually just fun because we got to hang out a lot instead of me being sickly.
Earlier in the week I went out to by paper tape to wrap my PICC lines up. I think the Home Health Nurse stole it. But that's alright because I'm sure there's someone else that's allergic to plastic tape like me.
Marci got to go to my Post-Op appointment with me. Here's the conversation and the BIG REVEAL I had with my doctor:
WHIT: "Hey doc, what do you think was wrong with me?"
DOC: "Could have been your gall bladder, but it was probably the stomach ulcers."
WHIT: "Well, what made me feel better?" (although I already think it was the PICC line nutrition)
DOC: "It could have been a lot of things, maybe we finally just got the right combination of drugs, we changed them a lot, I gave you marijuana, or it could have been . . ."
WHIT: "Wait, what?"
DOC: "I gave you medical marijuana."
WHIT: "Awesome."
DOC (to Marci): "Oh hi, I don't believe we've met."
MARCI: "I'm Marci."
DOC: "Where are you from?"
MARCI: "Utah."
DOC: "Are you LDS?"
MARCI & WHIT: "Yes."
DOC: "Oh, so you probably don't approve of me giving you marijuana?"
THE END
8 comments:
Stay well my friend!
I can't believe they didn't need your permission to give you marijuana.
I love your new camera and your photos too!
You are so funny! I can't believe you were high and didn't even know it! ;) It was great seeing you up here in Utah! Stay healthy and say no to drugs. lol
Cute new background:)
I can't believe that story with the bleeding man banging at your door. I'm glad you didn't open it!!!
You went through so much when you got sick, I can't even imagine! I'm glad you are feeling better, even if it was the marijuana.
p.s. did he REALLY give you marijuana???
Hahahaha... I mean, HAHAHAHAHA...
I do LOVE the medical marijuana story. Oh, seriously, it's AWESOME!
Also, I'm loving the new background. It's fabulous!
wow pretty funny! Soooo who is your Dr again?!?! JK
That is insane he just gave it to you!
Glad you are feeling better...and now we know the REST of the story!
I'm seriously laughing here! Medical Marijuana, what's the difference between that and the regular stuff. Glad you are feeling better. You look awesome and it will only get better!!!
You look great!! I'm glad to hear that things ended up being ok and they figured out what was happening.
Holy crap! That's quite the story. My favorite is that you've done marijuana. I'm just glad you're better, even if you are a druggie. :-) P.S. Laughed my head off at your story telling. You're quite gifted! I love it. P.P.S. Did you ever find out what the blood and baseball cap were and why someone was banging wildly on your house?
Post a Comment