Monday, July 20, 2009

The Vacation - Part 5 (Reunion Day 1)

First of all, Stella took my little camera for a walk around Marci's house. Here's what she came up with:

It's always fun to show up at a reunion! Everyone seems genuinely happy to see you and I'm always super excited to give everyone a hug! Plus, I got to see my cousin Eric who just returned from a mission . . . but I haven't seen him since he was 3 years old! He had no idea who I was. Plus, now my hair is brown. I don't think anyone knew who I was, but they hugged me anyway.

My sister Natalie was in charge of games for the reunion and found this one somewhere. It's totally fun, but with the large Anderson buck teeth going on here at the reunion, it could have been very dangerous. You couldn't help but laugh! The material is obviously stretchy. You have your partner across from you and stretch it out and switch places with your partner until the stretchy material bunches up enough to either trip you, clothesline you, or simply toss you out completely. I believe all happened.

It was still really hot in Utah (high 90's), but we were under a ramada and there was plenty of shade to relax in.

One game got especially interesting when I was trying to steal a newspaper from a team and my cousins husband unfairly used his karate skills on me. He reached the newspaper one second before I was about to put it down my shirt and then disabled me completely (I put up a good fight with my kung-fu grip) as he twisted my wrist and flung me around like a ragdoll. It was Jeff everyone. It was Jeff. But it's alright because he got whacked over the head with Lula's cane in the same game. Lula was disqualified.

I missed the wicked kickball game with the giant soccer ball because I was acting like I was helping in the kitchen for dinner, but really I was talking to my cousins wife Heather (LOVE HER!). But I did manage to get the second game with the exercise ball.

There were plenty of games I didn't get pictures of because I was busy playing the game, but Natalie did an excellent job entertaining everyone even if she was totally pulling most of the games out of her ear as she was standing there explaining it.


Tater-Tot

My cousin's son Dauge

The Doug and Mary LeDoux Family (missing one son who is on a mission in Russia)

My nephew Kimbal was happy to play with the hammer-like aparatus.

My brother Adam and his sweet baby girl. I've decided she has Charlotte Web eyes.

I started snapping photos of Stella and with every click of the camera she had a different face. She is completely whacked.

Mychal, Miranda, Marcus, and Marissa Clanton (this is the first time I've met my cousins wife and I LOVE HER TOO!) My cousins all married really great people!

We were all a little sunburned, completely exhausted, and ready for Day 2.

2 comments:

Marci said...

Those were fun games. But, how did Nat find time to pose for pictures during the stretchy game? That thing flipped you around so fast!

Alecia said...

I love family reunions!!!